Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note7: important information from Samsung

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

Source: https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-will-ask-all-global-partners-to-stop-sales-and-exchanges-of-...

Samsung will ask all global partners to stop sales and exchanges of Galaxy Note7 while further investigation takes place

on October 11, 2016

We are working with relevant regulatory bodies to investigate the recently reported cases involving the Galaxy Note7. Because consumers’ safety remains our top priority, Samsung will ask all carrier and retail partners globally to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note7 while the investigation is taking place.

We remain committed to working diligently with appropriate regulatory authorities to take all necessary steps to resolve the situation. Consumers with either an original Galaxy Note7 or replacement Galaxy Note7 device should power down and stop using the device and take advantage of the remedies available.

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Headline news now on BBC1. First statement made

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 47

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 22 of 47

MI5
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Jeremy Vine doing a phone in too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

THis is indeed sad news as like others I was looking forward to upgrading my Note 4 to the Note 7 after it had such intial rave reviews. So what are the options :

• Look at current or fothcomming (android) phatlets . Any suggestions ?
  • Wait to see when Samsung intends to relase the successor to the much maligned Note 7
  • Get and iPhone and spend the next 18 months regretting the decison! Jaw-dropping
Message 24 of 47

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

THis is indeed sad news as like others I was looking forward to upgrading my Note 4 to the Note 7 after it had such intial rave reviews. So what are the options :

• Wait to see when Samsung intends to relase the successor to the much maligned Note 7
  • Get and iPhone and spend the next 18 months regretting the decison! Jaw-dropping

My advice? Keep the Note 4....don't even think of moving to the dark side. You will definitely regret that...Hero

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 47

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hopefully go with one of the first two options without getting desperate enough for the third tragic outcome. 

Message 26 of 47

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Sony XZ? OnePlus 3? Pixel XL? Sony Z5 Premium?

Those would be the mainstream ones. Also consider others like the Huwai P9 Plus, one of the Xiaomi (Mi 5s Plus, Redmi Pro or Redmi Note 4).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 27 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
A sad sad day for Samsung.

RIP to my Galaxy Note 7
Message 28 of 47

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
"We recently readjusted the production volume for thorough investigation and quality control, but putting consumer safety as top priority, we have reached a final decision to halt production of Galaxy Note 7'
For the benefit of consumers' safety, we stopped sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note 7 and have consequently decided to stop production."
Message 29 of 47

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

You might want to wait a couple of weeks until you can get your hands on one of the new Google Pixel phones. Doesn't seem as if O2 will carry them, but Carphone Warehouse will.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 30 of 47