Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Level 68: Extraordinaire

Re: Galaxy Note7: important information from Samsung

I hate to be an 'I told you so', but I did say the phone should be pulled two days ago.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Second-Replacement-Note-7-Catches-Fire...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Topics: 82

And with a very much imminent press release.
Samsung have discontinued the Galaxy Note7.
Press release to be posted.

Highlighted

The note7 will no longer work with Gear VR after update.

Highlighted
Topics: 745

@viridis wrote:

Is it this one?

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/10/11/breaking-samsung-ends-production-of-galaxy-note-7-after-global-r...

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Level 2: Apprentice

I have to say this has shaken my faith in Samsung as a brand.  Back in the summer I changed from an iPhone to a Galaxy S7 but, due to the S7 running very hot (not just warm), I have gone back to the iPhone.  I took the phone into O2 and was told there was nothing wrong, it was normal for it to run hot but I wasn't happy.  It was probably absolutely fine, but I've been on too many courses for work!

My husband has a Note 3 and, when that finally dies, will probably change to Sony as he refuses to join me on the dark side!

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Highlighted

@Cleoriff wrote:

@viridis wrote:

Is it this one?

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/10/11/breaking-samsung-ends-production-of-galaxy-note-7-after-global-r...

No, 

The actual release hasn't been released yet, but agencies are aware of the production filing made today.

Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,881
Highlighted
Level 3: Thinker

I am genuinely sad about this...  The phone itself is amazing and blows all others out of the water.  Unfortunately I need to use mine until I get home, but when I do it's going to be turned off.  Back on the phone ot o2 again this evening then.

Time to have a serious think about the Pixel XL, although at over £800 for the 128gb version it's going to be a stretch Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Level 68: Extraordinaire

This is obviously a huge setback for Samsung, but I believe they will be able to come back from this. The Note 7 was never going to be a big seller, and they're already working on the S8. You also have to remember that Samsung just don't sell mobile phones. They are a massive company in all fields of electronics and semi-conductors.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,116
Blog Posts: 2
Solutions: 123

I agree with you @Bambino Samsung will come back from this and hopefully not to rush into production with a new phone BEFORE all rigorous testing has been done. And as you say they are a massive company and wil go forward with bigger and better things.

Still it is a shame about the Note7 was really looking forward to it. But as stated on another thread have sorted out a new, better, deal with o2 as a result.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb