Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note7: important information from Samsung

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

Source: https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-will-ask-all-global-partners-to-stop-sales-and-exchanges-of-...

Samsung will ask all global partners to stop sales and exchanges of Galaxy Note7 while further investigation takes place

on October 11, 2016

We are working with relevant regulatory bodies to investigate the recently reported cases involving the Galaxy Note7. Because consumers’ safety remains our top priority, Samsung will ask all carrier and retail partners globally to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note7 while the investigation is taking place.

We remain committed to working diligently with appropriate regulatory authorities to take all necessary steps to resolve the situation. Consumers with either an original Galaxy Note7 or replacement Galaxy Note7 device should power down and stop using the device and take advantage of the remedies available.

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I hate to be an 'I told you so', but I did say the phone should be pulled two days ago.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Second-Replacement-Note-7-Catches-Fire...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 47

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
And with a very much imminent press release.
Samsung have discontinued the Galaxy Note7.
Press release to be posted.
Message 12 of 47

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
The note7 will no longer work with Gear VR after update.
Message 13 of 47

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

Is it this one?

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/10/11/breaking-samsung-ends-production-of-galaxy-note-7-after-global-r...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 47

Harrysmum2008
  • 50 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have to say this has shaken my faith in Samsung as a brand.  Back in the summer I changed from an iPhone to a Galaxy S7 but, due to the S7 running very hot (not just warm), I have gone back to the iPhone.  I took the phone into O2 and was told there was nothing wrong, it was normal for it to run hot but I wasn't happy.  It was probably absolutely fine, but I've been on too many courses for work!

My husband has a Note 3 and, when that finally dies, will probably change to Sony as he refuses to join me on the dark side!

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Message 15 of 47

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@viridis wrote:

Is it this one?

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/10/11/breaking-samsung-ends-production-of-galaxy-note-7-after-global-r...

No, 

The actual release hasn't been released yet, but agencies are aware of the production filing made today.

Message 16 of 47

Glassbeard
  • 72 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am genuinely sad about this...  The phone itself is amazing and blows all others out of the water.  Unfortunately I need to use mine until I get home, but when I do it's going to be turned off.  Back on the phone ot o2 again this evening then.

Time to have a serious think about the Pixel XL, although at over £800 for the 128gb version it's going to be a stretch 😞

Message 18 of 47

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

This is obviously a huge setback for Samsung, but I believe they will be able to come back from this. The Note 7 was never going to be a big seller, and they're already working on the S8. You also have to remember that Samsung just don't sell mobile phones. They are a massive company in all fields of electronics and semi-conductors.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 47

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I agree with you @Bambino Samsung will come back from this and hopefully not to rush into production with a new phone BEFORE all rigorous testing has been done. And as you say they are a massive company and wil go forward with bigger and better things.

Still it is a shame about the Note7 was really looking forward to it. But as stated on another thread have sorted out a new, better, deal with o2 as a result.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 20 of 47