Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Messenger notification sync issue

JascaDucato
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I thought I'd come here since I cannot, for the life of me, find anything online which has helped my situation. I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S20+ on release and have been plagued with this issue ever since.

Simply put, the Facebook Messenger app's notifications do not clear (on my S20+) when I respond to whatever message I was being notified about on a separate device. It doesn't matter how long I wait, the app doesn't sync up to recognise the message has been seen.

I've never had this problem before on a previous device, and to the best of my knowledge, my settings haven't changed in any way that might cause this behaviour.

I was wondering if a) anybody else had encountered this issue, and b) if anybody knew of a possible fix?

Kind Regards.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@JascaDucato See if you can find an answer here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-manage-notifications/

If that doesn't help, contact Samsung Support within the link.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

O2Abigail
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 42 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
You could try deleting the app and then re downloading it to see if that makes any difference but make sure you delete both Facebook and Facebook messenger apps as they are connected.

hope this helps if nothing else has already.
signature
Message 3 of 7

JascaDucato
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I'd attempted deleting the Messenger app itself before, but hadn't considered disabling the Facebook app as well (since it cannot be uninstalled on my device 😕 ).

From the looks of it, that did the trick.
Message 4 of 7

O2Abigail
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 42 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
ok that's great news then.
signature
Message 5 of 7

JascaDucato
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@O2AbigailLooks like I spoke too soon. I might have to reach out to Samsung after all 😕

Message 6 of 7

O2Abigail
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 42 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
oh no, that's no good... we'll get in touch with them then and if there's anything else we can help with I'll try my best I'll do some research and see if there's anything I can advise to help you further.
I hope you get it sorted soon though.
signature
Message 7 of 7