Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring new phone

Sedge
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, could someone please point me to the right place to congigure a new HTC phone (not a contract phone)?  It is always in E mode for mobile data, whereas on previous HTC there was a 3G, so it's not just the mast.  And I've had to put SIM back into an old phone to use the internet 😕

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Manual settings are here https://www.teamknowhow.com/discover/discover/o2-apn-settings#Android%20APN%20settings%20for%20O2
or text the word "active" to 2020
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Manual settings are here https://www.teamknowhow.com/discover/discover/o2-apn-settings#Android%20APN%20settings%20for%20O2
or text the word "active" to 2020
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Sedge
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you! For some reason it's still on E when it was H on other phone, but seems a little faster at least!  I don't understand why the help desk couldn't have suggested this the three times I've rung.  But never mind.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Now you've saved the correct settings it will help if you restart the phone, but make sure the settings are saved and you have selected the correct settings first.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions

Also try going to settings conecction and mobile should be at the top of phone under settings and seeing if it's set to 3g or 4g only

Message 5 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

How are you getting on with this @Sedge? slight_smile

Also welcome to our community!

Message 6 of 6