Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compose button

Mimo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I've just got my note 9 and can't find the compose button for when you need to write a text. Anyone know where i can find it plz
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's a + symbol at the top of the screen I think.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Mimo

If it's anything like the Note 8,  you just press on the persons name from your contact list and it gives you the option to either

Call ...Message...or Video call.

Hope that helps wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 33

Mimo
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi thank you for your fast reply' s but what mean is like on my s8 if i go into messages i have little circle button at bottom click on that then it takes me into contacts then at top right corner it gives me option to compose a new message without having to put a name or number first.
Message 4 of 33

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you got the button at the bottom of the screen that looks like a speech bubble?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 33

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @Mimo.

I have the S8+ so I understand what you're talking about. While I no longer text, I would follow the route @Cleoriff mentioned above, ie go into contacts, click on the appropriate name and choose text. Even following the route you mention you still have to click on the name of the person you wish to send a text to.

I would assume, wrongly perhaps, that either route would be on the S9. However, does the S9 not have the User Manual in settings, like the S8/S8+ that would, hopefully, provide the answer to your question?

Edited to add: just had a look at the User Manual on my phone and it tells you everything but the basics, ie how to send a text, for example!

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 6 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If honest I can't see that part of the Note 9 being any different to the Note 8.

If I go into Messages it shows Frequently Contacted and then Contacts. All in a list.

As I said, I just press on the name I want to contact and it then gives me the options I mentioned in my first post above wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 33

Mimo
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thankyou guys i do have button at the bottom and i know by clicking on name i can message that way but never having a note until now kinda all new to me as well as coming over from vodafone. Just thought there was an option to compose a message without having to put a number or name in first but anyways thankyou all for your help.👍
Message 8 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mimo wrote:
Thankyou guys i do have button at the bottom and i know by clicking on name i can message that way but never having a note until now kinda all new to me as well as coming over from vodafone. Just thought there was an option to compose a message without having to put a number or name in first but anyways thankyou all for your help.👍

@Mimo

You can compose a message without the name. I have taken a screenshot of my Note 8 (excuse the fact I have blocked my contacts lol)

Compose.PNG

If you have the orange pen logo at the bottom as shown... then you can compose a message and add who you want to send it to afterwards.

Hope that helps wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 33

Mimo
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
similar to what i have But in blue but when i Press it Just takes me to contacts would show a Picture but not Sure how to add one.
Message 10 of 33