Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compose button

Mimo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I've just got my note 9 and can't find the compose button for when you need to write a text. Anyone know where i can find it plz
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122833 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Mimo wrote:
similar to what i have But in blue but when i Press it Just takes me to contacts would show a Picture but not Sure how to add one.

Hi @Mimo

Yes it does BUT then, on the right hand side of the screen at the top it says Compose

If you click on that, the keyboard appears, so you can compose a text and add recipient(s) after ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 33

Mimo
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It must be oreo 8.1 thing or note 9 thing because I've got that on my s8 but not on the note 9. Strange that. But thankyou for helping.
Message 12 of 33

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Mimo wrote:
Thankyou guys i do have button at the bottom and i know by clicking on name i can message that way but never having a note until now kinda all new to me as well as coming over from vodafone. Just thought there was an option to compose a message without having to put a number or name in first but anyways thankyou all for your help.👍

@Mimo

You can compose a message without the name. I have taken a screenshot of my Note 8 (excuse the fact I have blocked my contacts lol)

Compose.PNG

If you have the orange pen logo at the bottom as shown... then you can compose a message and add who you want to send it to afterwards.

Hope that helps wink

Well @Cleoriff I just learned something new, because I can do exactly the same on my S8+. Good to know if I ever need to text 👍

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 14 of 33

Mimo
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi and good morning just an update went to the o2 s hop today and they noticed that the compose button was missing so they said it should be fixed hopefully in the next update .🤞 also We Noticed even thou I have delivery Reports on i Was not getting delivery Reports when Text messages were sent. so hopefully that will get Sorted as well.
Message 15 of 33

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You don't get delivery reports with O2 unless you prefix all messages with *0#
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122833 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MimoJust hope  it does get sorted soon.

Though I thought you said you had a compose button but it was blue? No worries, you can still send texts currently via your contacts so that part of the phone is working. Best of luck with the Note 9. I love my Note 8. Never had a better phone. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 33

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yes, they have confirmed they have the compose button as I asked earlier in the thread.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 33

Mimo
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I do almost same as yours but when you click on yours it opens up a list of people and then top right corner you have the option to compose a message as where on the note 9 i don't. Saying that thou loving the note 9
Message 19 of 33

Mimo
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Where @M15
Message 20 of 33