Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive text messages on Galaxy S20

petermark1972
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Getting very frustrated now with my new Galaxy S20 5G. I am able to make and receive phone calls and send texts but I'm not receiving any texts... Which means I can't finish setting up my apps as a lot of them want to text me codes. I've googled for hours and tried everything I can find with no success. I tried phoning O2 but I can't get talking to anyone because it wasn't deemed urgent enough.

So far I have:

Restarted the phone (several times)

Updated the software

Removed the sim

Cleared the message cache

Triple checked the message centre number

Anybody any suggestions as to where I go from here? Any help much appreciated

Regards

Pete

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

O2Faisal
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yes, definitely nothing wrong with handsets if related to the sms issue, as Chris mentioned its being looked at by the Messaging team and we'll update as soon as its been resolved.

signature
Message 21 of 58

amud
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI

I upgraded to Iphone 11 last night and getting message waiting for activation in imessage and face time, seems like not recognising my phone number. I used new sim card provided. Cant send or receive texts unless using email address to send imessage. Is this a related problem?

Thanks

Message 22 of 58

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

TeriRudd
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My first full day on o2 and no text messages. I hope this isn’t a regular thing 🤦🏻‍♀️
Message 24 of 58

ScottyDawg
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Whilst I am less than impressed with this issue happening on my new S20, I can honestly say that I have been with O2 for years now and they are (in my book) a great network and this kind of thing is very rare. Hang in mate!
Message 25 of 58

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@TeriRudd wrote:
My first full day on o2 and no text messages. I hope this isn’t a regular thing 🤦🏻‍♀️

Welcome to O2 @TeriRudd slight_smile

I won't sit here and rhyme off why I think O2 is a great network as I'm obviously biased, but what I will say is that while we can suffer network issues now and then like every network in the world - such as a faulty mast, system issue or outage - we do everything we can to build resilience into our network. And I can say with confidence that in my 11 years at O2 I can't recall a specific issue like this with text messages. That's not to say it's never happened, but I certainly can't recall any instances.

Sorry again about any inconvenience this causes. We hope to have it all resolved soon and as mentioned before, i'll update my previous post when we know more.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 26 of 58

Gary85
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Any update? I've had this problem since yesterday when I got the S20. I thought it was a sim issue but obviously not. I can't get on my apps which is urgent!!
Message 27 of 58

daniellej
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I too have this problem with my new S20 5G since activating sim this afternoon. Others are receiving my texts, but I can't receive them
Message 28 of 58

LJM26
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Has anyone got a time frame? Can’t get use my iMessage, or WhatsApp, or any of my banking apps on my new phone without being able to receive a text. Feeling rather cut off from everything 😞
Message 29 of 58

jen7
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Me too ! Mine is a galaxy note 10 so what ever is causing this it is across the board regardless of phone make,and I've got apps not set up because they need the confirmation code. And i rely on text message updates for my job.Its really frustrating.Hope it is fixed soon
Message 30 of 58