Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Forwarding When Unanswered

hollandj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I use a third party voicemail service, not 901.

I've used the codes here to setup call forwarding when I don't answer the call.

If I set the time in number of seconds to 15 or less, it works. If I set 20 or above, callers get the message "the number you have dialled can not accept this call, please hang up and try again later". I believe the number of seconds can only be set in multiples of 5. Ideally I want the full 30 seconds.

Does anyone have answer for why I can do up to 15 seconds but no more?

Extra info: If I use *#61# I get the details in the screenshot below. The sync timer is always 15 no matter what I set with **61*, which could be related, but I'm unsure.

20**Personal info** 10.00.52.png

Thanks all,

JH

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Are you using **61*vm number*11*30# to set your delay?
This is a standard GSM code so won't necessarily be related to an issue with O2.
Have you asked your vm provider if there are any time restrictions?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

hollandj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi MI5, yes I am using those codes which are listed (link in my original post) by o2. I used this voicemail provider with 30 second delay on Three previsouly, so I do believe it to be an o2-related issue. The voicemail provider would not have a time restriction; their number is only dialled after the number of seconds you have configured on call forwrding, so they do no know or care how long the delay is before they are dialled, right?

Cheers,

JH

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
No idea mate. 30 seconds works fine on all my o2 phones. The only difference is that I'm using o2 vm.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @hollandj

Let us check with the technical team to see if we can find an answer for you. I'll post any updates as we get them.Wave

Thanks a lot @MI5 for the help heart 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@MercedesS There were also 2 threads last night started by customers having problems with setting call forwarding using GSM MMI codes. 

We have a suspicion that these might be a related network issue if you could also check those for us please?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Thanks, @MI5, on it! Thanks!

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 7 of 8

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @hollandj

The technical team have been trying to find a general motive or cause for the issue, but it looks like the problem is complex, so please, if you are having issues with setting up or amending call diverts you need to call customer services so they can complete fault diagnostics and raise a case for it to be investigated, if needed. This isn’t something we can really do via the Community I’m afraid.

Talk to a guru and they should be able to help you! 

Message 8 of 8