cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone constantly re-booting, will this cost me to fix?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Sat watching a video last night on my Galzy S6 edge and phone dies! The power light on the front is flashing all sorts of colours and phone seems to be constantly on some sort of re-booting loop. Tried the o2 Gurus and googled to death ways to get it working all to no avail.

I have no idea what on earth is going on with it but looks like I'm going to either have to get it rpaired or cut my losses.

For info I'm still in my 2 year contract which ends in August. If I send this for repair will I more than likely be charged for this?

I'm so annoyed!!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Your warranty is for 2 years and either O2 or Samsung will repair your phone whilst under warranty, however, we always recommend Samsung over O2.
You could also try a factory reset first after backing up the phone.
0330 SAMSUNG (726 7864)
Monday to Saturday | 9am to 6pm
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your quick reply.

I did wonder about warranty. I had presumed it was a year so thanks for that info.

We did try backing up the phone but that went wrong too however I've just read something about software on here so will try that before we go any further as this all seems to have happened since the most recent update!!!!!!

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
There's my guide to flashing firmware here and as long as you use the official Samsung ROM your warranty will remain valid if it doesn't work https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HOW-TO-A-Guide-to-using-Odin/m-p/4634...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again - unfortunatley though my keypad is not even visible. It either freezes only loading up half of the samsung logo or I can get onto a screen with several choices to reset etc.

Think it might be a send away repair job 😞

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Holding volume down and power should take you to the download screen, so there is no need for a keyboard.
I can link you to the correct firmware if you tell me exactly which phone and if it was O2 branded or not?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya

It's a Galaxy S6 Edge (G925F) and when you say O2 branded, it was bought direct from O2 online if that helps?

Thx

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Does it normally boot up with an O2 splash screen?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
If it does have O2 logo, this is the latest firmware here https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s6-edge/SM-G925F/O2U/download/G925FXXU5EQDE/131923/

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
If no O2 branding it's this one https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s6-edge/SM-G925F/BTU/download/G925FXXU5EQE7/166459/

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13