cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Barring?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone, this is my first post in the O2 community! I'll take the initiative to welcome myself so you don't have to.

I'm a long time lurker here and have always managed to have my problem solved without having to get involved in a thread. But obviously, not this time.

Basically, I bought a contract, upgraded it (through some complicated means I might add), and ended up on a £20p/m contract with 3GB data, unlimited calls and unlimited texts. Now, the problem I am facing is that when I try to make outgoing calls, texts, or even try to use my data, my Samsung Galaxy S4 (not yet updated to KitKat, stock latest firmware) gives me an error saying exactly this; "You cannot make outgoing calls while call barring is enabled". Obviously my first idea what to go into settings and disable call barring. It's not enabled, lo and behold. I tried restarting my device, waiting a long period of time (almost a week without use of my contract which I have paid good money for). It was fine before I upgraded. My bills are up to date. I've tried hard resetting my phone. I don't know where else to turn as it's 1 am and the Live Chat is currently down. I was hoping for a few answers when I wake up tomorrow before attempting to use the Live Chat Support thing? Thanks in advance;
Mike.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got my solution;

Used Live Chat, briefly explained my problem, and they lifted the bar within a few minuted of connecting. I have no clue why my sim was barred in the first place.

And for those who are interested, about the Mexican thing;

I bought my Galaxy S4 from SimplyElectronics because it was £300 SIM-free which was an absolute bargain at the time. The phone came and everything was in Spanish. The default language settings, the box, manuals, everything. So after some tinkering about and lots of Google translation, I found out how to switch the language settings and eventually found that no sim would work in my brand new 'SIM-free' phone. I didn't realise that it literally meant SIM-free >.>

Went to an unlocking place, and the price was £20 a hit until they finally managed to unlock the phone. No biggie, £360 for a brand new phone.

I also looked at where the phone had been and it said Mexico> Amsterdam> France> UK. This phone has been to more foreign country's than IVE ever been. Haha

But yeah, the bar was lifted after using Live Chat. Thanks for the help guys and I hope my story has interested you tongue
Message 11 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Good news and an interesting phone history slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 13 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Good to hear. That phone has some history!:smileyhappy:

Certainly has...I enjoyed the story...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 17

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I wouldn't sniff it Confused.....Mexico > Amsterdam

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Come to think of it I did find it had some forms of powder when I first opened the box.. 😕
Message 16 of 17

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Come to think of it I did find it had some forms of powder when I first opened the box.. 😕

Watch out for the sniffer dogs LOL

Message 17 of 17