cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC ONE M8 Microphone not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, I have an HTC ONE M8 with O2 and noticed today that when someone calls me they can't hear me. Works fine with the hands free/earphones.

Seems there is an issue with the M8 as I have seen on many forums, is there a way to get it fixed?

Regards, 

Shaun

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
You could try a factory reset justice make sure there's no bug causing the problem. Failing that I would suggest returning it to the store you bought it from for replacement or repair.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
You could try a factory reset justice make sure there's no bug causing the problem. Failing that I would suggest returning it to the store you bought it from for replacement or repair.
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If it's hardware related and still under the two year warranty you can return it to O2 or HTC for repair.

Have you checked for lint of dirt in the microphone? Do you have a cover or screen protector covering the microphone?

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes checked for lint etc, just seems odd that both microphones go at the same time, yet using one in the earphone socket works ok. Does seem to be a recurring issue with these phones from what I am reading.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I would support the idea of approaching the manufacturer as they know their hardware better ,and we do hear of not so good outcomes through Network repair centres.

http://www.htc.com/uk/support/

Would you let us know how you get on please.
Message 5 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
This was a well reported issue with the M7 which turned out (in many cases) to be the customer inadvertantly covering the mic hole with their finger whilst holding the phone. The mic is positioned perfectly to be covered if you loop a finger under the base of the phone.
Might not be relevant here, but worth mentioning just in case....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to me on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

ADVICE - Before sending back to HTC which should be a free warranty repair, take lots of pictures of the inside and out of the handset including any liquid indicators if possible. They may blame the issue on liquid ingress to avoid fixing the issue.

My liquid indicators turned pink after it came back from the first repair centre so luckily i had taken these pictures beforehand!!

Good luck

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I take a photo of the inside?

Also, liquid indicators?

Thanks for the responses so far

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry just realised the HTC M8 is a sealed unit so you cannot gain access to the inside. Some handsets underneath the battery have strips of litmus paper that turn pink/red when the handset comes into contact with water.

I would still make sure you take pictures of the handset before sending off....there have been a lot of cases where thing get broken during transit and you will need evidence of the condition it was in.

Message 9 of 9