Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication via the proxy server was unsuccessful

Nick4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I recently removed Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus -to replace it when my subscription ran out- on my Huawei Y360-U31 running Android version 4.4.2.

Ever since, I can't connect via the inbuilt Android brower to the net. I can't find any settings within the browser to change, related to proxy servers nor can I find anything relevant in the phone settings. I suspect it was something changed by the Kaspersky app, that didn't get changed back when I removed it. 

I can connect if I run my VPN on the phone, so it's something to do with settings. I want to avoid doing a Factory Reset, as I don't see why I can't change it back to what it should be with out such drastic action, which I can't be sure will fix it.

Any help appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nick4
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

It was a setting for a proxy server under each WiFi connection; Press & Hold for each Wifi to 'modify' which I didn't know was there; once I'd removed the proxy server for each of my saved wifi connections, all was well

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Nick4 

As you say, it's something Kaspersky changed so I'd contact them to find out what, but if unsuccessful, a factory reset will fix it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would advise a factory reset. to be honest, I would just use Chrome or Firefox, I never use the in-built browser but if it's something you can't live with then a reset failing anything useful coming back from Kaspersky

Message 3 of 7

Nick4
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yeah, I'm contacting Kaspersky, but since I'm no longer a customer of theirs, I don't hold out much hope

Message 4 of 7

Nick4
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

It was a setting for a proxy server under each WiFi connection; Press & Hold for each Wifi to 'modify' which I didn't know was there; once I'd removed the proxy server for each of my saved wifi connections, all was well

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Thanks for the update.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 7