cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another z3c cracked back!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Overnight it seems my z3 compact has developed a crack in the rear glass all the way from top to bottom. It also has a corner crack in the front glass panel which again appeared from nowhere a few weeks ago which I let go along with a misted up camera lens. I haven't dropped it (yes I know my word against theirs I suppose). My question is am I better to go through Sony or o2? Which will try to fob me off most? Thanks
Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Is the phone still under warranty? Either way you are far better going through Sony. You will be fobbed off more with O2 repairers Anova...Although I think you will have a struggle whoever you choose. Cracks and misted camera lens?....I am sure they will say you have dropped it...

Give Sony a call http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Is the phone still under warranty? Either way you are far better going through Sony. You will be fobbed off more with O2 repairers Anova...Although I think you will have a struggle whoever you choose. Cracks and misted camera lens?....I am sure they will say you have dropped it...

Give Sony a call http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes true although this kind of cracking seems a problem with this model and the z3. It's not a misted camera lens it's the glass cover. There are strange patches on the underside of the glass. I will give Sony a try then. There is not a mark or dent on it so that might help my case. It's shame as I really rate the phone apart from a poor camera in my opinion.
Message 3 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

If it is a known problem with the Z3 then you are far better going to Sony direct. Anova will definitely insist you have dropped it slight_frown Best of luck...and let us know how you get on @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will do. Thanks for the advice.
Message 5 of 20

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Sony admitted a similar problem existed on the Z2 so you have half a chance with them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have booked it in with Sony repair so fingers crossed I suppose. There is a £21 charge to send it back if it's not covered under warranty. I mentioned the charging flap which doesn't close properly all the time so if they do insist I dropped it hopefully they have to fix THAT at least and send it back for free.
Message 7 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Your chances of Sony repairs looking at your problem more sympathetically are far greater than if you sent it to O2, particularly if these problems are known and documented elsewhere. Please come back to the forum and let us know how you got on. It may be of help should someone else encounter the same problem. Best of luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 20

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
1. O2 will 100%send it back, they are not authorised to perform a warranty repair on a device with damage.
2. Prepare yourself for bad news, your device has 4 broken parts (back & front glass, flap, water ingression) Sony will not fix just a flap if the rest of the device is in a broken state, they just won't.
I think you'll be very, very lucky to have this repaired under warranty tbh, but good luck
Message 9 of 20

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

As above, if it's feasible you might be better off paying the device plan off and upgrading.

Message 10 of 20