Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 Update - Galaxy A50

Konix-Master
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Please can someone give me some advice and information regarding the android 10 software update for my Samsung Galaxy A50 as I just literally have spoken with Samsung live chat who said its down to the network the phone is on
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Konix-Master 

Yours is O2 firmware so wait for @Chris_K to give an update on if they are testing it or not, but be aware, there is no Android 10 released for the A50 anywhere in the world yet.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Konix-Master 

That's not entirely true.

It depends also on the CSC of your phone.

If it is an O2 branded phone @Chris_K should be able to advise, but if generic, it's down to Samsung.

If you dial *#1234# and tell us the CSC we can advise more accurately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Konix-Master
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
A505FNOTF3ASK9
It's a SAMSUNG GALAXY A50 Locked On The O2 Network
Message 3 of 7

Konix-Master
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I replied
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Konix-Master 

Yours is O2 firmware so wait for @Chris_K to give an update on if they are testing it or not, but be aware, there is no Android 10 released for the A50 anywhere in the world yet.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

HellDiverUK
  • 21 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Don't hold your breath, hasn't come to O2 locked S10 yet, despite people living on little mounds of sand in the middle of the ocean, and people living in mud huts having got the update already.

OnePlus 8 Pro 8/256GB Grey, Huawei Nova5T 6/128GB Blue, iPhone XS Max 256GB Grey
Message 6 of 7

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

The Note 10 Android 10 update started getting pushed out last week, at the same time we approved the S10 update which we anticipate to become available for download within the next week or so.

With regards to the Samsung A50, we have no further info on this but if you look at the latest notice on the Samsung Members app (from the Galaxy App Store), it shows that the A50 Android 10 update isn't scheduled until May this year. This is Samsungs own schedule which we have no control or influence over. As soon as Samsung make the update available to us, we'll look to test and approve these as quickly as possibly, but it's unlikely we'll get that until closer to their schedule.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 7 of 7