Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Level 1: Joiner

Re: 4G+

I am in a 4g+ area (Nottingham) this morning and not getting any 4g+ symbol on my recently new Note 8. Is this something else that isn't compatible with o2 on a bought outright phone? I have a CSC that contains oxm furnware yet apparently can't get WiFi calling or 4g calling yet either. I know it's not the phone cos 4g+ pops up when other uk network SIM is tried in phone.
Topics: 536
Solutions: 11,504

You can get WiFi calling if your phone is compatible as that isn’t area dependent.
As far as we know though, only the S8 with open firmware is currently compatible.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Level 1: Joiner

Yes they reckon it's just s8 and S8+. The Note 8 with open firmware apparently due "soon". Would have thought 4g+ symbol would've been available though when in an area that has that coverage though.
Topics: 536
Solutions: 11,504

Yes, I would have expected it too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Highlighted
GUK
Level 3: Thinker

[ Edited ]

If you're filling up with petrol in the Martlesham (Suffolk) Tesco, which is right next to the BT Adastral Park, you can get absolutely lightning speeds. I'll take a screengrab next time I'm there. On the other hand, O2 coverage can be really poor or non-existant in areas of Suffolk - although they have consistently improved coverage over the last couple of years. In a nutshell; I'm happy with O2 because there are awkward areas in west Suffolk which no networks cover. They've done a good job with what they can realistically provide.

The Xperia XZ shows 4G+ on the standard signal icon, but you might want to download an app which tells you specifically which cell you're getting a signal from, and how strong it is.

GUK

*existEnt.
Topics: 548
Solutions: 3,428

Thanks for the tip @GUK but can you tell us the name of the app?

GUK

Sorry for the delay. I use Network Cell Info Lite.

Topics: 548
Solutions: 3,428

Thanks @GUK I'll give it a go 😀

Topics: 100
Ideas: 2

[ Edited ]

@GUK wrote:

Sorry for the delay. I use Network Cell Info Lite.

Nice app, thanks @GUK👍

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty. Douglas Adams.