cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.2.2 For HTC One X

Anonymous
Not applicable

Following Perksie's advice from the other similarly titled thread that has been listed as solved by someone, thought I'd open a new thread, so any HTC One X users can report on any correspondence they have with O2 about the roll-out of 4.2.2 to the HOX.

The last major update (to 4.1.1) left a lot of users disillusioned with O2 after conflicting answers from a variety of sources. If anyone can tell me how to post a link to that thread for reference I will. I will also copy and paste my comment from the other ('solved') thread below.

Let's hope O2 get it right this time.

@Toby & @Chiara, can you help us at all....?

Message 1 of 206
205 REPLIES 205

mattye81
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 58 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Normally when you update android the only way back is to root and reinstall previous firmware!
Message 61 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.
Just wondering where the "O2 people" from this thread have disappeared to ?

Their silence deafening !

I don't doubt for one minute that this thread isn't being "monitored".
Message 62 of 206

mattye81
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 58 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I think we could be in for the long haul, the last update had to be tested by o2 before HTC could ota the update, something I learnt from HTC in several email messages to there tech team. My count was 3-4 weeks. Ps. I'll let you guys know more about my sense 5 at the end of the week when I've played it to destruction 🙂 lol
Message 63 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hardly fills you with confidence when the "o2 people" dont even know when we getting it ...

One thing is for certain though... Next phone I buy will not be network locked , and if for some reason i decide to buy one that is, it wont be on o2

Message 64 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable

From a live chat about the Onx X+ Welcome to O2. Someone will be with you soon.

You're through to 'Tushar'

Tushar: Hi I'm Tushar. How can I help?

Adam: When are HTC one X+ devices on o2 getting the the Sense 5 Android 4.2.2 update?

Adam: unbranded devices started getting it a while back

Adam: ?

Tushar: It'll be launched in October.

Tushar: It'll be updated on our website soon.

Tushar: Please keep a tab on it.

Message 65 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable

"It'll be launched in October."

Begining of / end of ? That could be 6 weeks away, sounds like a "standard ****" reply to me.

Time to think about rooting, I'm afraid.

Message 66 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ Toby,

Any idea if this is 'official' news, or more BS?

@Anonymous wrote:

From a live chat about the Onx X+ Welcome to O2. Someone will be with you soon.

You're through to 'Tushar'

Tushar: It'll be launched in October.

Tushar: It'll be updated on our website soon.

Tushar: Please keep a tab on it.

Message 67 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable

o2.jpg

Hi there im new to these forums ive been trying all day to get something out of the Gurus. This is my latest response its hopeful but i know we are all getting different things. What do you guys think about this.

Message 68 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hadleigh22:

Thanks for the info. As we can see, it is in direct contrast to what abnpther O2 empolyee has just told another customer!

THIS IS EXACTLY THE PROBLEM O2 - DO YOU ACTUALLY HAVE ANY IDEA??? STOP LYING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!

Message 69 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable
After continuing to speak to this chap he told me that it would definitely be released either this week or next. And the O2 twitter feed recently told somebody that it would be released very soon and to 'keep an eye on the feed' I pray that what ive discovered today is true. Cant handle the wait.
Message 70 of 206