cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.2.2 For HTC One X

Anonymous
Not applicable

Following Perksie's advice from the other similarly titled thread that has been listed as solved by someone, thought I'd open a new thread, so any HTC One X users can report on any correspondence they have with O2 about the roll-out of 4.2.2 to the HOX.

The last major update (to 4.1.1) left a lot of users disillusioned with O2 after conflicting answers from a variety of sources. If anyone can tell me how to post a link to that thread for reference I will. I will also copy and paste my comment from the other ('solved') thread below.

Let's hope O2 get it right this time.

@Toby & @Chiara, can you help us at all....?

Message 1 of 206
205 REPLIES 205

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is very interesting, I have an HTC One X on O2 and got an update on 26/8 to 4.2.2 and HTC Sense 5. Sadly now my phone crashes, 7 times now and counting since update.

Message 11 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi monkeytennis79,

Did you get your phone from O2 or from a company like Carphone warehouse etc, as they have a differernt CID number than the ones you get from o2 - meaning you may have got the update early

Message 12 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's recommended to factory reset after a big update like 4.2.2 but don't forget to back up data. Received my update Monday for One X+ unbranded and had no issues so far.

Message 13 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

.... Received my update Monday for One X+ unbranded and had no issues so far.

Thanks to you and monkeytennis for confirming the update is out there. O2, the rest is up to you... wink

Message 14 of 206

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

Thanks for being patient with this. As soon as I have more info on it, I'll update you.

Cheers, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 15 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm guessing this is going to be another "it will be released soon" type of update - where every other mobile carrier seems to roll it out but o2 decide to take a few months longer for some reason?

😞 

Message 16 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm guessing this is going to be another "it will be released soon" type of update - where every other mobile carrier seems to roll it out but o2 decide to take a few months longer for some reason?

😞 

That's exactly the point of the thread! slight_smile

I'm (vaguely) hopeful that if O2 see that there is a demand for the update, they might not hang around like they did with 4.1.1 . All the mis-information that was being passed on that update caused me to start this thread, to see if O2 have learnt from the shambles that it was!

Hoping for a smooth transition.... all the way to 4.3 and then Key Lime Pie ( Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still waiting on update....

Wonder if theres a possible claim against 02 for Repetitive Strain Injury caused by constant hitting of the check now button?

Oh maybe its available now, ....

Nope...
Smiley Mad

Message 18 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable

It sure would be nice if they did release this update sooner rather than later, i have the One x+, i remeber like some of you mentioned how long we all waited for the last update, hope this one wont be a repeat of that one, afterall how long does it take to add a splash screen and some bloatware?

Message 19 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

...afterall how long does it take to add a splash screen and some bloatware?

That is EXACTLY the right question! Smiley LOL

Message 20 of 206