cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"IMS Service has stopped" error message

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6. It was fine one moment then when I looked back had seemed to have restarted. It was stuck on the load up screen with the Samsung logo flashing. I managed to get it to restart, however it then restarted of its own accord once the lock screen appeared.

Now the error message "Unfortunatly, IMS Service has stopped." appears. I press ok. The message reappears. I have a fraction of a second to attempt an action in between mashing the ok which has allowed me to restart the phone several times (not that it helped).

A few months ago the port at the bottom of the phone stopped working, so I cannot connect it to my computer. I've been wirelessly charging it since. I have not yet attempted to factory reset it as (asides from the obvious lengthy process it will be) I'll lose everything on there.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144706 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
There are a few suggested fixes here https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/271337/IMS+Service+has+stopped
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 123150 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Just deleted my response  Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144706 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Here too, in fact Google returns many suggestions to work through http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/135405/why-do-i-get-ims-service-has-stopped-message-after...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous Was any of the advice above of help to you? slight_smile

Message 5 of 5