cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note GT N7000 Stock ROM???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys. I posted last week regarding rooting my galaxy and after doing so my wifi tether stopped working. I had alot of help from members on here (thank you again) i was given links to download the Wifi Tether TrevE Mod. Eventually i got the links working as i couldnt download them before. However i have downloaded and installed 7 apk files of the TrevE Mod and none of them are working. Despite configuring the settings as stated on the websites i found.

Now however my USB tether has also stopped working. Im not going to bother with the bluetooth tether as my phone has always refused to connect to my pc anyway. So its obviously getting worse and iv no idea why.

Originally my galaxy note gt n7000 16gb was factory unlocked. I have been told by two people i could have these problems as i have installed the wrong root?? This be true or not iv no idea.

My question is this. How do i find a uk stock rom for my region?? Iv no idea how to identify a uk region rom. If it helps the details of my phone. Found in settings. About phone are

Model GT-N7000
Baseband Version N7000XXLT3
Kernel Version 3.0.31-1103517 dpi@DELL162#3 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jun 4 20:55:52:ICST 2013
Build Number JZ054K.N7000XXLT9

i want to put the original stock rom back on again but all i find is hundreds of roms that have region codes. If i knew my region code id know what one to download

Sorry if this seems a newbie question. I know how to flash the firmware back on. I just dont know what one im suppose to download there is hundreds of them with different codes.
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Dave, don't give up mate.
Try a different browser on your PC to get the firmware or even another PC.... I'm not sure why you keep getting all these dead links ?
ps, I'm Rich
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Neo63,

I'm heavily involved in jail-breaking iPhones and as such I awlays advocate performing lots of homework before delving into this world. Jail-Breaking and Rooting bring more depth to these devices but can come hand in hand with possible hiccups.

My suggestion to to contact a member called @MI5 who has a wealth of knowledge on rooting and Android , so hopefully he can point you in the right direction and get you up and running again.

Ive flagged this post to him for you.

Hope all goes well.

Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Cheers bob,
Neo, all the links you need are in the "how to use Odin thread" which I sent you previously.
Search on sammobile for your stock ROM.
It looks like your phone came from CPW so the CSC to search for is "n7000oxx" (NB the letters are ZERO XX) and look down the list for the CPW ROM.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hay guys. MI5 was the one who tried to help before with my wifi tether problem. It just wasted his time. Iv looked at sammobile and the only thing thats stopped me in my tracks are the region. As so many say different regions have different feature and installing the wrong can blah blah.....

If my tether worked i wouldnt be looking to reflash the stock rom on again.
I use to jail break iphones myself to. Hence why i have never had one i hate them. Now im starting to hate android too.

Now iv got an idea of what to look for so ill have a good look later tonight when i get home from work. Thanks again
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just an update. Iv found the firmware i need on sammobile.com but i cant register to download it. As clicking the "complete registration" button does nothing. Its doing the same thing it did with the wifi tether apk. Acting like its a dead link. You would think with my computer experience id be able to solve this but its got me completely baffled. I can only access the net on my phone so im assuming this dead link thing has something to do with o2. But my connectivity seems to be dying by the day now my normal wifi wont work.......However. None the less i now know where to find the rom. Thanks to you guys. Especially you MI5 your a life saver my friend. Thank you. If i could id buy you a pint slight_smile i will get the rom downloaded one way or another. I dont give up till a job is done. But MI5. I dont know your name mate. Im dave. You deserve a medal honestly. Your help has been very much appreciated indeed im very grateful. Keep up the good work mate. Your a great asset to this forum.
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Dave, don't give up mate.
Try a different browser on your PC to get the firmware or even another PC.... I'm not sure why you keep getting all these dead links ?
ps, I'm Rich

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great to meet you rich. I cant use another pc as we dont have broadband. I was with talktalk and being honest my phone gave me a faster connection so rather than paying £40 a month for a top down speed of only 310kbs i told them to stick it.
Ever since iv installed though wifi tether apks all my connectivity to my pc for the net has gone. My wifi tether turns on but my pc cant connect. My usb tether has stopped. Plus recently found that my wifi also turns on and finds and connects to the free wifi down our local shop. But again it fails to display webpages. Whereas before it worked perfectly. Im not sure myself whats going on. The only way i can get online is by using my phones browser. Which is rubbish. I installed firefox mobile and again it treats buttons and links like there not even there. I click on them but the pages doesnt go to the next one i need. Iv came close to putting a hammer through this phone. If i had s spare i probably would have already lol. But i wont give up mate no way. I never do.

I just find it weird why the wifi tether turns on. I mean if theres a problem i would have assumed it would not start. Like hardware drivers on windows. Its certainly a strange one for me too. I do regret rooting the phone now. I just wish i did a simple hard reset instead.

I will try a few other ways i have to download the firmware. I will keep you posted
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK iv made a break through, my wifi tether is now working, for some reason it was the security on the connection that was causing the problem. iv had to disable it and its now working slight_smile slight_smile downloading the firmware as i type. happy days

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
That's great - Sounds promising slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9