cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video playback

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi guys

i have a galaxy s3 with a 32gb sd card.when i record video on my s3 and try to playback sometimes it says unable to play video,sometimes it plays , other times it wont play but shows the gb reduced on the sd card,i have switched off and on , removed battery and re formatted sd card but still having problems.i have had the phone 4 month

any advice will be accepted

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

thanks for your advice .

it is a class 10 sandisk sd card..

before i posted on here i was onto o2 and they have replied saying that they want it returned to them to look at as its still under warranty, so i will see what they have to say ...

many thanks again for your advice

neil

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

Some S3's have been reported to have issue reading the SD card.
I'd try a different card and if it still persists get the phone back to Samsung to be looked at.....

Another thought is to try MXPlayer off Play Store and see if the video's will play through that app instead......?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
I have never had a problem with videos on the S3. I can recommend MXPlayer though.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here I have never had a problem with the s3 playing videos on SD card. I have had it play without the sound though but use MXplayer when that occurs as it has support for nearly all the codecs.

The micro SD card I have is Samsung 32gb class 10,
which class is your micro SD card that might have something to do with it?
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

thanks for your advice .

it is a class 10 sandisk sd card..

before i posted on here i was onto o2 and they have replied saying that they want it returned to them to look at as its still under warranty, so i will see what they have to say ...

many thanks again for your advice

neil

Message 5 of 5