Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paid my bill, money came out of my bank but got no confirmation from 02

meaty2448
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

paid my bill, money came out of my bank but got no confirmation from 02, they say i still havent paid and now have full bars on my phone so cant even call the payment management team to get it sorted, bank cant cancle the the transaction for me to try again, and times are tough and cant afford to simply try pay it again, any advice

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

meaty2448
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

because o2's payment system is utter rubbish.

Message 11 of 26

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10676 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3100 Solutions

blame who you want, but paying anyone at midnight is always a stupid thing to do as banks run jobs overnight as do companies.. 

But you do you!!

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 12 of 26

meaty2448
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

as ive said ive LITERALLY been paying the same way since i started the contract. o2's system f'd up and now im paying for it, again you can literally see other posts with the same issue but your gonna white night for a company hell bent on fleecing us?

Message 13 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 124292 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@meaty2448 

I can see this has got very heated but I'm going to post again to remind you of the benefits of paying by direct debit. It's far simpler and the only thing you have to remember is to have money in your bank on payment day.

I've been with O2 for years and never had ONE problem paying via this route.

Best of luck with this current issue.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 26

meaty2448
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

and ive never had a problem paying my way until now, whereas with a direct debit they tried to take the payment twice and i had to fight them to get one back

Message 15 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 124292 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Ok, how you pay is up to you but as we're all customers like yourself with no access to your account, just follow the advice given.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 26

meaty2448
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

what? the same advice like use skype to make the call to a bot number that i was told was free and but can see now that i was being charged for XD. imagine seeing posts on here with the same issue and telling people to ring a bot number that just tells them to pay again

Message 17 of 26

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7130 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1590 Solutions

What other advice do you want us to give?

I've just rang Payment Management on 0800 902 0217 and got through...no bother apart from the usual menu

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 18 of 26

meaty2448
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

then why am i getting a bot

Message 19 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93328 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Let's face it

O2 have had so many problems lately with the transfer of all the Virginmedia customers and the fiasco with changing all customers to a new billing system

We have the repetetive posts on here about My O2 and the payment issues, people paying in all good faith and then finding their phone restricted because the payment hasn't been assigned to the account through an antiquated billing and payment system

Customers post here day in and day out with 90% of the posts about the two issues I mention

And it's not just contract customers, we see the same issues about payments going missing or O2 failing to action rolling plans on PAYG

I get tired of the community guidelines we have been given to answer queries

I wouldn't recommend O2 to anyone at this present time

Throw into this awful mess that customer service has long since gone down the pan and you can understand customers getting frustrated and angry

Message 20 of 26