Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Level 2: Apprentice

Re: iPhone 11, 11 Pro & Pro Max Megathread

@Chris_K can i get a reply to this? Once again both EE & Vodafone announced they will offer Series 5 at launch, and once again I am let down by O2. I am seriously considering moving network if this is just going to be the norm from now on with every other network besides O2 getting these products at launch.

Level 6: Acolyte

@Dancamz I understand the frustrations but could you not buy the cellular model watch direct from Apple or another retailer and just do it that way? If it’s a case of you can’t afford a watch out right that’s understandable but with O2 you would be taking out an additional line which would involve a credit check therefore you could just apply for finance with Apple or CurrysPcWorld for example unless of course your wanting to upgrade from the series 4 with O2 which then it wouldn’t carry a credit check. Apologies if you think I’m butting in I’m not I’m just trying to help with solutions for yourself 😀

@ChrisK How come this year it’s a 1pm pre order start time and not the usual 8am? Also if I may also catch a response to my last question on moving over from a what I believe is simply called a “handset tariff” over to refresh will I be able to pre order on Friday everything on MyO2 seems to be signalling that I will be able to as it’s stating O2 will pay the remainder of my contract off to allow me to move over to refresh and the new iPhones are already advertised on the shop page but 100% confirmation would be nice also can we do this over the phone or is it just online?
Highlighted
Level 27: Desk Jockey

@Benlfc Apple have moved the pre-order times in the US, the UK pre-order time is that same time just adjusted for time zone differences.

@PhoneChanger thanks for that, I realised Apple changed the pre order times to 5am I just didn’t put 2 and 2 together and work that out 😂 I was thinking they would be thinking more people out at work etc. Less traffic on the website meaning less likely the website will crash 😂😂

Potentially, or maybe they realised too many people are on their way to work when it used to be 8am so they're hoping at 1 more people can buy :-)

@PhoneChanger maybe here’s hoping there won’t be much traffic the one thing I hate is entering your cards details and then the website crashing but yet they’ve “pre authorised” the amount from your card and then it takes days to go back

@Benlfc agree'd, and worse still O2 won't know how much stock they will receive either so even though you may order on the 13th there is no guarantee you'll get it on the 20th...

@PhoneChanger your right it usually starts off with get your phone on release day and then quickly escalated to 1 week, 2-3 weeks and so on
O2 Social Media Team

@Benlfc wrote:
@Chris_K O2 will pay the remainder of my contract off to come over to a refresh tariff or custom plan whatever they are called these days

Should be okay Ben, but definitely worth checking in with our customer services to check over your account ahead of pre-order, just so you know where you're at thumbsup

@Sjbuknewc wrote:
I’m on a sim only contract and due on upgrade, will I be able to pre order Friday?

Can't see why not @Sjbuknewc. If you check the My O2 app, there should be a section there showing you your upgrade options.

CommunitySig_Animated_2.gif