Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 11, 11 Pro & Pro Max Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We're pleased to confirm Apple’s latest products, the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max are all available to order from O2 right now. The newly announced iPad 2019 is also available to order now on Pay Monthly and Business, and you can also get the new Apple Watch Series 5 directly from O2 too.

If you'd like to get your hands on the latest and greatest, click the appropriate link below to view further details and order your new iPhone or iPad now. Alternatively, you can call our customer services, or visit us in-store.

iPhone 11
Links for Pay Monthly customers
iPhone 11
iPhone 11 Pro
iPhone 11 Pro Max
iphone-11-black-sku-header-100919.png
iphone-11-pro-space-gray-sku-header-100919.png
iphone-11-pro-max-space-gray-sku-header-100919.png
Links for Business customers
iPhone 11
iPhone 11 Pro
iPhone 11 Pro Max

iPad 2019 (7th Gen)
Link for Pay Monthly customers
iPad 2019
ipad-2019-silver-sku-header-110919.png
ipad-2019-space-grey-sku-header-110919.png
ipad-2019-gold-sku-header-110919.png
Link for Business customers
iPad 2019

Apple Watch Series 5
Link for Pay Monthly customers
Our full Apple Watch Series 5 range
apple-watch-series-5-sport-44-silver-sport-sku-header.png
apple-watch-series-5-sport-44-space-grey-sku-header.png
apple-watch-series-5-cellular-sport-gold-sku-header.png

Questions?
As with every new iPhone launch and announcement, we suspect many of you will have questions. Check out our Q&A section under this post which will answer many of the questions we suspect you may have. We’ll add more Q&A’s over the coming days but if you have a question not listed, please reply to this thread and let us know.

Related Links

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 208
207 REPLIES 207

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

If you know what section you're after, jump straight to it with the links below:

1. Main questions
  2. Discount / Cost / Pricing Info
  3. Upgrade Info
  4. Pre-order / Availability / Order Info
  5. Business Queries/Tariffs
  6. Device & Other Questions

Main Questions
Q. Are you going to be stocking the new iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max?
A. 
O2 will be ranging the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max with pre-orders open from Friday 13 September at 13:00 and will launch on Friday 20 September. More details will be released in the coming days on www.o2.co.uk/iphone for consumers, and https://www.o2.co.uk/business/register-for-updates for Business.

Q. When will your tariff & pricing details be available for the new iPhones?
A. 
Full pricing and tariff details will be available once pre-orders begin Friday 13 September at 13:00.

Q. Why are pre-orders going live at 13:00 and not in the morning of Friday 13 September?
A. 
This is a change on Apple's side which we're unable to comment on further. As far as we're aware, all pre-orders - whether from us, Apple or other networks - will not begin until 13:00 on Friday 13 September.

Q. Will you support eSIM for the new iPhones?
A. We recently announced eSIM would be coming to the iPhone XS, XS Max and XR, as well as Google Pixel 3 & 3XL devices later this month. We're pleased to confirm that the new range of iPhone 11 devices will also support eSIM on O2. eSIM launched on O2 on 19 September 2019 - from then, customers can request an eSIM pack in-store or by getting in touch with our customer service teams.

Q. Are you going to be stocking the new 7th Generation iPad? 
A. Yes, the 7th Generation iPad is available now to pre-order on Consumer Pay Monthly and for Business.

Q. Will you be ranging the Apple Watch Series 5?
A. Yes, the new Apple Watch Series 5 is currently on pre-order and will launch from 20 September. You can pre-order your Apple Watch Series 5 here.

Discount / Cost / Pricing Info
Q. When will I be able to use my O2 Open or student discount on the new iPhones?
A. 
Great news! The iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max are now eligible for O2 Open and Student discounts.

Q. A friend/family member works for you. Can I get my friends & family discount?
A. 
Yes, you’ll be able to make use of your Friends & Family discount – speak with your friend who works for O2 to get this applied after ordering.

Q. Is the new iPhone eligible for family plan discounts?
A. 
Yes, the iPhone 11 range is eligible for Family Plan discounts. More info on Family Plan here.

Q. Why should I stay with or join O2?
A. 
With the new iPhones, plus all our device range on Pay Monthly, we put you in control so that you can design a plan to suit your needs. Here’s some top reasons ‘Why O2?’:

• Choose how much to pay upfront (down to £0 if you’re upgrading)
  • Spread the balance for up to 36 months to keep the cost down – or choose as little as three months if you want to pay it off quicker
  • Pick your data allowance to finish building your customised plan. You can even change it up and down every month if that’s your style.
  • From pre-order, we’ll have a range of promotional tariffs to give you even more for your money.
  • And don’t forget, with O2 you also get MyO2, O2 Priority, 48-hour access to the hottest gig tickets before general sale, and more freedom in how/where to buy, and how to get in touch with us should you need to

Upgrade Info

Q. Will you have enough stock for everyone who wants the new iPhone?
A. 
We expect there to be high demand for the new iPhones and recommend customers pre-order as soon as possible once pre-orders go live to avoid disappointment

Q. I'm wanting to upgrade but want to know all my available options
A. 
As upgrades are very much account specific and the details can vary from person to person, we'd recommend checking your My O2 app for upgrade options. You can also get in touch with our upgrade team to discuss – just call 202 and select the appropriate options from our IVR menu.

Q. What if I want to upgrade earlier than my yearly upgrade date?
A. 
This is possible thanks to the power of Custom Plans on O2. With Custom Plans, you can upgrade at any time by simply paying off the remainder of your device plan agreement. You can off-set much or all of this cost by using O2 Recycle to trade-in your existing device.

Q. Are you offering a Yearly Upgrade Programme on your tariffs?
A. 
With O2 Custom Plans, we’re giving our customers true flexibility to be able to choose the length of tariff they want, from 3 to 36 months, and choose the data they need. And you can upgrade at any time – even if you’re only 1 month into a 36 month tariff – just by paying off your device plan.

Pre-order / Availability / Order Info
Q. Can I select Premium delivery for my new iPhone during pre-order?
A. No, premium delivery options will not be available from pre-order for Consumer or Business.

Q. I pre-ordered at *date/time*, when will I get my new iPhone?
A. 
Throughout your pre-order journey we display an expected delivery date. You can see this on the product shop page under the iPhone colour selection drop-down, above the 'Go to basket' button during our custom plans slider selections, and at the final basket/checkout screen. After ordering, we’ll keep you updated on your order as and when there’s progress.

Q. How do I stay up to date on my order?
A. 
You can keep an eye on your My O2 order status, and we’ll also keep you updated as and when there’s progress with your order.

Business Queries/Tariffs
Q. What is Double Data and Half Price insurance proposition?
A. Small and Medium Business customers who take our 18GB, 36GB, or 60GB will have their data allowance doubled. So this will means 36GB for the price of 18GB, 72GB for the price of 36GB and 120GB for the price of 60GB. Giving our Business customers all the data they need to do business as they need to.

Our Soho / Small Business customers will also have the option to purchase accidental damage insurance cover for £4.50, which is half price. This is available on the double data tariffs of 36GB, 72GB, and 120GB.

Both elements of the proposition will be in place for the length of the contract or until the customer wants to upgrade.

Our Indirect Bluebill Partners have DD available across the 3GB, 6GB, 18GB, 36GB, 60GB data allowances.

Channel

Applicable Tariffs

Proposition

3GB

6GB

18GB

36GB

60GB

Direct

Small Business and Business Essential

EU mins & texts

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Double Data

No

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

O2 Insure – Damage Cover **

No

No

50% off

- £4.50

50% off - £4.50

50% off - £4.50

Medium

Business Tariffs

EU mins & texts

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Double Data

No

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

No

No

No

No

Indirect

Small Business and Business Essential

EU mins & texts

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Double Data

No

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

No

No

No

No

Q. How does the UK to EU calling work?

A. Calling Europe is as easy as making a call within the UK as we’ve included both minutes and texts in handset and SIMO tariffs (available on handsets 6GB and above and SIMO on the 10GB, 20GB and 30GB). With ‘Roam Like at Home’ when travelling in Europe and with the new inclusion of UK to EU minutes and texts when doing business from home, you can now work flexibly without concerns about costs, as you grow your businesses internationally. More info here.

Device & Other Questions

Q. Will I be able to unlock the iPhones?
A. 
Great news! Most of our devices now arrive unlocked – including these new iPhones - but if you receive a device that is locked, you can unlock this free of charge. More info here.

Q. Will it have 4G / Wifi Calling?
A. 
The new iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro & iPhone 11 Pro Max will all launch with 4G and Wifi Calling enabled

Q. Are the new iPhones 5G ready?
A. No, the new iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max are not 5G ready

Q. Once you launch eSIM, can I use an O2 eSIM and a *other network* physical SIM, or vice versa?
A. Absolutely. Once eSIM launches, you're free to mix and match how you'd like. Want to have an O2 eSIM and be able to use a 'local network' physical SIM when you go on holiday or business trips abroad? Easy. Want to use another networks' eSIM but use a physical O2 one? Done. Or vice versa? Yep, you can do that too.

Q. What iPhone's will Apple Watch Series 5 be compatible with?
A. New purchases of an Apple Watch Series 3 or Series 5 with Cellular on O2 will now only work with an iPhone 6s or newer (including the iPhone SE). This is because watchOS6, Apple’s new software for Apple Watch coming 19 September, only supports iOS13 and above. iOS13 is only available on iPhone 6s devices and newer, and not on iPhone 6, 6 Plus, or older.

Q. But my Apple Watch Series 3 & 4 works with iPhone 6 and 6 Plus?
A. When we launched Apple Watch Series 3 & 4 with Cellular in June, these devices could pair with an iPhone 6 or newer. Customers that have already purchased an Apple Watch Cellular (Series 3 or 4) from O2 between June & September who have an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus will still be able to use cellular on O2 on their Apple Watch. However, these customers will not be able to download watchOS6 as it's only available for devices running iOS 13 - which won't include iPhone 6 or 6 Plus.

Message 2 of 208

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Reserved post

Message 3 of 208

Benlfc
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 289 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Hi I assume upgrade customers are eligible to pre order on Friday?
Message 4 of 208

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Benlfc wrote:
Hi I assume upgrade customers are eligible to pre order on Friday?

Hi @Benlfc - providing you're on an O2 Refresh or O2 Custom Plan tariff, then you can upgrade at any time simply by paying off the remainder of your device plan. You can check the My O2 app to see how much you have left on your device plan.

Hope that answers your Q, but let me know if it doesn't slight_smile

Message 5 of 208

Benlfc
  • 289 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
@Chris_K I’ll be coming over from a standard tariff where you just pay the one monthly figure and coming over to a refresh tariff, I assume that’s all good?
Message 6 of 208

Benlfc
  • 289 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
@Chris_K O2 will pay the remainder of my contract off to come over to a refresh tariff or custom plan whatever they are called these days
Message 7 of 208

Sjbuknewc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m on a sim only contract and due on upgrade, will I be able to
Ore order Friday?
Message 8 of 208

Sjbuknewc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m on a sim only contract and due on upgrade, will I be able to pre order Friday?
Message 9 of 208

Dancamz
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why no news on Apple Watch Series 5? this was the ONE thing I was excited to finally get from O2 on contract as I'd been holding off to wait for the next gen and once again you guys are way behind on the Watch stuff. Why is this always the case ? why cant it be available at launch the same as the phones??

Message 10 of 208