Did you mean: 

eSIM - Now available on O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions
eSIM_Banner.png

UPDATE 24 Sep '20: 5G eSIM has now launched on O2. You'll need a 5G and eSIM compatible device.

O2 is excited to announce that customers can use eSIM technology on the iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max, as well as the iPhone XS, XS Max, XR and the Google Pixel 3 and 3XL from 19 September 2019.

O2 customers need only pop into their local store or call customer services to request a new eSIM pack. You can then download an eSIM profile and swap your current plastic SIM card over to your new eSIM profile following the normal SIM swap process.

Customers will still have the option to use a traditional plastic SIM card should they wish.

We have a dedicated eSIM help & support page here, with many Q&A's.

Community_STS_0.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 80
79 REPLIES 79

madadamuk
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried to order an esim today and was told by customer services that it's not available yet and they have no ability to order me one....

It'd be better if there was a unified approach or ability to order this piece of card from within your account!

Message 21 of 80

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
Just go in store. They have packs available.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 80

Benoit
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Use chat on o2 that’s what I used and got the esim next day if you can’t get to a shop. All they ask is the make of phone to make sure it’s compatible with esim and normal security questions.
Message 23 of 80

laxity
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

@Hallam wrote:

I am looking to get a Samsung 46mm silver watch but I have been told that o2 doesn’t support esim for this could you tell me when this will be 

Hi @Hallam - we do support eSIM and as you can see, we are rolling this out to more devices very soon, but we don't currently sell any eSIM versions of the Samsung Watches, or have support for them yet. If or when we support this or add further eSIM support, we'll let everyone know.

@adamjhodson wrote:

Do we have an exact date on this yet? 

Not yet @adamjhodson but soon as there's any news on this, i'll update this thread to let everyone know slight_smile

@Chris_KI am also interested in the Samsung Watch 46mm 4G. Can you confirm if O2 are actively planning on releasing the 4G version of this watch now that eSIM support is available or is this still an unknown? If there is nothing solid known then I'll probably be forced to switch my phone to EE in order to get this 4G watch which I'd prefer not to do since I've been with O2 since 2003. Thanks Richard.

Message 24 of 80

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@laxity wrote:
@Chris_KI am also interested in the Samsung Watch 46mm 4G. Can you confirm if O2 are actively planning on releasing the 4G version of this watch now that eSIM support is available or is this still an unknown? If there is nothing solid known then I'll probably be forced to switch my phone to EE in order to get this 4G watch which I'd prefer not to do since I've been with O2 since 2003. Thanks Richard.

Hi Richard,

I'm afraid it's an unknown. I regularly receive updates when we're ranging new devices or products and though very often much of it isn't something I can share here (contractual reasons, NDA's etc), it doesn't look like ranging the 4G version of the Samsung Watch is something we currently have planned. That's not to say we won't have it at some point in the future, but for now, it doesn't look like it's something we'll be ranging at least in the immediate future I'm afraid.

I do apologise this maybe isn't what you wanted to hear, but I wouldn't want to 'string you along' with any false promises - if that ultimately means you'll need to switch networks, we'd hate to see you go but I do recognise customers need to go with what's right for them

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 25 of 80

Mcquiggan
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
When will e sim be available on Samsung devices
Message 26 of 80

NFH
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 45 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 states at https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/esim that "We’re not currently offering eSIM to our Pay As You Go customers. We’re working on this and it won’t be long before we can offer eSIMs to all our customers with compatible phones". But it has already been a long time and eSIMs are still not available on PAYG. What is causing the delay?

I don't understand how payment in advance or in arrears should have a bearing on the availability of eSIMs anyway.

Message 27 of 80

Johnkempsonsmit
  • 16 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can I talk to someone about nuw sim and pay ment plan 

Message 28 of 80

MI5
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions

@Johnkempsonsmit 

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 80

NFH
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 45 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

EE has started supporting eSIM on prepaid (although it charges a £1.50 fee to issue one). Why hasn't O2 simlarly started supporting eSIM on prepaid, despite still stating very misleadingly at https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/esim that "We’re not currently offering eSIM to our Pay As You Go customers. We’re working on this and it won’t be long before we can offer eSIMs to all our customers with compatible phones"?

Message 30 of 80