cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z2 - Available for pre-order NOW!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We have some more great news for you guys 😉

The Sony Xperia Z2 is now up for pre-order too! Head on over here to check out all the tariff and availability details > http://po.st/CeeYGb

651781-1_O2_Sony_Xperia_Z2_1200x627.jpg

As well as being available on our revolutionary O2 Refresh tariff, you also have the chance to bundle a Sony Xperia Tablet Z for just £99.99, saving a whopping £300! This is an amazing offer and stock is limited. Just to repeat... That's the incredible Tablet Z for a one-off £99.99 when you pre-order the Z2!

Go on, you're tempted right? I know I am... I can almost justify a third handset and second tablet 😉

UPDATE @ 28th May, 2014 - Q&A section added with common questions being asked, and their answers:

Why is the claim site still up? You said it’d be updated! This is closing on the 29th May.
Although we’ve received 2,200+ claims, a large chunk of these were duplicates or were using false data. As a result, we have not yet exhausted all 2,000 tablets we had available for this offer. As outlined in the offer terms, claims must be made prior to 29th May and as we still had tablets available, the site was left open for last minute claims until stock was exhausted. Although Z2 pre-orders were delivered to many on 1st May, some who opted to collect in store still have not actually collected them, so these customers still have until 29th May to get their claims in and assuming they pass validation, will also receive a tablet subject to stock.

Your terms say I’d have a tablet within 28 days of my claim. Where is it?
Due to  the Z2 launching on the 1st May, we had to wait 2 weeks from this date to begin our validations. The reason for this is because it allowed our validation team to ensure the handset wasn’t returned during the 7 day cooling off period. Unfortunately, due to the amount of claims we received during this first week, it took an extra week for us to get all of the returns data from our systems. Our validations began from 14th May and the 28 day delivery clause began from when you were validated. We apologise if this part of the offer terms was not made clear enough, or caused you any confusion.

Where are you now with claims and Tablet orders?
As mentioned above, we’ve had over 2,200 claims, several hundred of which were duplicates or using falsified data. To date, all claims have now been validated. You should have received an update by text alerting you that we have not forgotten about your claim. Of all validated claims, our team have placed around 500 tablet orders, most of which have been delivered. We have around another 1,300 tablet orders to place against accounts which we expect to be completed within the next fortnight. We are currently looking into the possibility of getting more staff involved in this process in order to speed it up and complete them sooner.

Why have some people received a 4G tablet and mine is Wifi?
The tablet offer has always been for the Wifi-only version, though within our allocation of 2,000 Tablet Z’s, some of these were a 4G+Wifi version. We allocated these 4G versions to the first customers to submit their claim, who subsequently passed our validation checks. For the majority of claims, customers will receive the Wifi-only Tablet Z as advertised – but if you were amongst the first, you could get the upgraded 4G version. Whichever version you receive, it’s worth the wait – we promise.

Which order were claims being validated?
Claims were validated in order they were received - eg, if you were the first to claim, you would have been the first to go through validation. In reality, not all of this has been straight forward as some customers submitted data that didn't match what we had on our systems or the account, so we've had to get in touch with some customers to correct these details. As such validating these small number of claims has taken a little longer than expected.

Why haven’t you been in touch sooner with this update?
Unfortunately the launch of the Z2 did cause us some issues. We were always aware the device would launch during the week commencing 28th April, but it wasn’t until much closer to this date that we got an official UK launch date. This had caused us some issues and along the way, our validations team had run into some unexpected issues which they have worked through tirelessly. Despite this, we can again confirm all claims to date have been validated and weather successful or not, you will receive a text confirming the status of your claim.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,043
1,042 REPLIES 1,042

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Those that feel this promotion has been handled badly perhaps follow the full official o2 complaints process at the bottom of every o2 website page on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 651 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just because the promoters decision is final that is not the end of the matter. All that means is if they say so you ain't getting a tablet. It dosn't mean they have't unfairly locked you into a contract.

As far as I'm concerned I have adhered to all their terms and conditions and I'm in the first 2000 ( the website being up says as much, as per their t&c's @Chris_K ...do you agree?) so I get a tablet. or the right to cancel....my 7day cooling off period dosen't begin until I get the tablet that was part of offer. or they confirm I am not getting one...but as I am certain I am within the first 2000 (website is still up).

Any thing other than this is intentional Bait and Switch, and I know ombudsmen don't like that.

It just seems odd no validation Emails seem to have gone out today...almost like they reallyhave hired one temp to do the validations...and they called in sick.

It can't see what else it is ...as I KNOW I'm getting a tablet. as I have met ALL the t&c's

Message 652 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's all very well saying "patience has been beneficial" for those who now have the tablet - but what about those of us that have done everything required and STILL have no information?

Patience has done nothing for us. Personally I've been refreshing this forum while at work (and when I get home) every 5 minutes for DAYS now. Hungry for info. Told by O2 chat to "rest assured" etc but getting no further.

They REALLY should not have sent out ANY tablets until they were ALL ready. Because it just feels unfair at the moment. I have wasted so much time because I just want to know IF and WHEN I am getting the item that seung the deal and tied me in to my new O2 contract.

Those who have the tablet will be off, loving it, thinking "pah, what was I worried about?" BUT there are PLENTY of us in the same boat: a sinking one, without our waterproof tablets to entertain us.

Whoever is dealing with this needs to DO IT QUICKER! NO LUNCH FOR YOU UNTIL IT'S DONE!

Message 653 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris_Kis now on holiday untill 28th

Message 654 of 1,043

TheOnlyPaulV
  • 90 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bait and switch is the key, that's what I feel,  this is. 

As I said,  had a chat with a lawyer friend a bit back and he believes that as there's a price of entry (the phone) and no element of skill involved (no questions) then it can be construed as a lottery. 

So a bait and switch, with deliberate and willful withholding of information despite being asked for information to deliberatly lock people into a contract with a lottery result? 

Think there's a pretty good case there to have the contracts cancelled especially as the contract I signed clearly states that they consider the tablet a part of the contract that I have to return should I have cancelled it. 

Still not able to get any more information @Chris_Keven though we are specifically asking? 

Message 655 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really...I don't think its bait and switch. I think its poor sales, which o2 are obviously going to keep under wraps.

The site is still live, that means that 2000 people have NOT redeemed the offer right @Chris_K ? as per t&cs

I'm just frustrated at the lack of progress today! why no more Emails ?

Message 656 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just got a thank you for your order email from O2 Along with the tracking number for UK mail so these sony z tablets do exist after all.
Message 657 of 1,043

TheOnlyPaulV
  • 90 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I feel it is strongly a bait and switch. 

They offered something as a condition of accepting the contact, are withholding information to allow the customer to make an informed decision regarding the continuation of the contact then possibly (and it's still possibly) pulling the item offered unfairly (as we followed the rules). 

@Chris_K can be on holiday, it is the company I am dealing with,  not him specifically though obviously as some one who has indicated he is involved in the process, he has withheld information thus far though incompetence at best and malice at worst from O2.

Until we recieve refusals or the site goes down however we cannot do any thing except talk amongst our selves here. 

Message 658 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable

So they managed to send one  out today that we know of. Nothing in my inbox, nothing in MyO2 orders either.

What a shambles. Well I'm going to have a break from pressing F5, leaving work early to walk the dog. Then another evening of checking this forum every half hour to see if anyone has anything to contribute that will make me feel slightly less disheartened than I do about the whole shambles at the moment.

Message 659 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable
TheOnlyPaulV I am sure that if you be a bit more patient you will get an email notification fairly soon as they are probably working there way through them slowly and I only got my email this morning. Just need to get confirmation of my quidco cash back now and then I can pay off the remainder of my handset refresh contract and get a sim only deal with another network
Message 660 of 1,043