Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
Level 3: Thinker

Re: Sony Xperia Z2 - Available for pre-order NOW!

I have the same touch screen problem described earlier. O2 refuse to deal with it as the tablet has to be added to the system, it does not appear automatically. They will not say when it will be added and till they do decide to add it (once again, some one else in O2 has to do it, but no one knows who) I have to keep my Un usable tablet Smiley Happy lol. Awful awful awful.
Highlighted
Topics: 78

Send it to Sony, turnaround is much quicker and tbh I'd trust them more,
Pm me if you want the Sony returns and repairs form.

Highlighted
Anonymous

@viridis did you send your one for repair already?

I have got a new problem of lower half (in landscape) or left half (in portrait) opposite side of the Sony logo screen flicker like a graphics glitch whenever the I'm trying to type something.

Didn't notice any back light bleed but false touches are there.

Highlighted

@Anonymous not yet, they sent the info this morning.
The keyboard flicker is a problem on every tab z since the 4.3 update and not yet fixed in 4.4.2
Supposedly new firmware due soon to fix this.

Highlighted
Anonymous

hopefully it will also fix the rather sluggish scrolling in the menu and home screen too.

the battery life is very good thanks to the way Sony do power management I guess but the false touch is getting annoying.

I'm considering of sending it for repair.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

The link for the repair form.
https://app.box.com/s/7vkz156y915qsu1v1l7b
That's my personal box account and the form was provided by xperia care.
Make sure all details are correct and include the following:
Tablet - make sure to remove sim/sd
O2 order confirmation print out (found in my o2)
If possible a copy of the o2 dispatch/delivery note.

Take photo of Tablet screen while on and off to prove no damage before packaging as well as the packaging as you do it.
Make sure you state exactly what is wrong but keep it to the point.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Is anyone else also waiting to hear about wither they where successful or a text to say why not? I had the text to say my claim wasn't forgot about but having to information for weeks now I feel as if I have been forgot about and I've maybe left it to late to enquire about?!
Highlighted

@Chris_K is there any delays regarding the processing of orders as the 28 days from verification has passed.

Highlighted
Level 3: Thinker

As an update:

After 2 weeks of being passed between O2 and Sony with O2 saying its a sony promotion so O2 do not have to deal with any repairs and Sony saying to go back to the company I purchased from as a first port of call, O2 have finally relented and agreed that under sales of goods, seeing as they took the money, they are responsible.

They then said they have no more stock and thus would not be replacing the tablet after all.

Some one then found some stock and put a replacement order in.

I got 2 emails confirming the order and then that it was dispatched. Order numbers and inventory and all, order appears on the 'my orders page'.

Then i got a text saying the order has been cancelled.

Phoned O2, no one knows (again) whats going on nor where the dispatched order is or whereits upto.

The last conversation with O2, they now say that whilst they TOOK the money, they only took it on BEHALf of Sony and thus are not responsible again and do not have to deal with the tablet at all again.

Sony wont do any thing as I have to take it back to the original purchaser.

Its just a total nut house at O2. Total Idiots.

Highlighted

@TheOnlyPaulV
Register the tab on UK.sonymobile.Com and then click on the tablet and choose book in a repair.
Fill in the details and await email back.
The email will tell you to go on sonymobile chat and when you do they will book it in as it's now registered with Sonymobile.