Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Sony Xperia Z2 - Available for pre-order NOW!

I did the same.

Sent ut off on Friday for repair.

The problem was getting mental lol

here is a video of it:

Highlighted
Topics: 78

Is that doing it on flat surface??!!!

Highlighted
Anonymous

Yep its left flat on to of my computer desk!
If I'm holding it on my hand like tablets are suppose to be held then I don't even have to touch the screen, it does it all by itself!
Highlighted

@Anonymous that's mental,
Cheeky sidenote, what theme is that?

Highlighted
Anonymous

@viridis Yeah I was pretty shocked when I found out that this is a common problem at the Sony forum!
The theme is "Noir".
You can get it free from play store. there's a shortcut for it at the Sony theme selection app when you click the plus sign at the top right.
Sorry for late reply. Just finish work.
Highlighted

@Anonymous how did the repair go?

Highlighted
Anonymous

@viridis repair so soon, forget that!
They just sent me a snail mail yesterday (yep not email a postal mail) saying they have received the item and they will carry out repair once they are done checking for dirt and water damage?
So if the tablet has water damage or dust inside then you don't get a repair under warranty.
So another 5 business days before they are done at minimum and then ship back, I'm thinking sometimes at end of the month.
Regret getting Sony product now!
I remember when I damage the headphone socket of my Galaxy Note 2 when the headphone got yanked out.
Just call Samsung to say that only getting sound on one ear and lose connection and next day royal mail special delivery bag at home to send the phone back.
3 days later phone back with me and they replaced the whole socket with new parts.
And here I'm already a week gone by and still no tablet.
Highlighted

Apparently, no, the warranty will not cover water damage.
They won't find any, it's just procedures.
The average for repairs is two weeks with most but Samsung, as you said, and apple really lead the pack and have an awesome turnaround from what I've heard.

Highlighted
Anonymous

So got a text from Sony Service yesterday.

They had to order new parts for the tablet, so another 5 business days before they get the parts and then fix it!

So looks like not even getting it back this month!

Not impress with the speed of Sony service! 

Can't wait to get the tablet back soon, its going straight to the ebay.

Buying a Sony product was a mistake, never thought company as big as Sony with such a long presence in UK will have such lousy service!

Also I think this 4G tablets are customer returns O2 was trying to get rid off.

Cause when I did my product registration the warranty validity for tablet was until 02-2016, Which is 4 month less of 2 years but the phone was exactly 2 years!

That could only mean this device was activated and registered before back in February, so on next registration it automatically deducts the 4 months as this is a old device. 

Highlighted

@Anonymous
I asked Sony directly about this as my warranty was set to expire in September this year!!!
They replied and confirmed that my warranty is valid until 6/16 and that the reason that the warranty shows up as a reduced time on xperia care is because it simply does not work correctly on tablets. The imei registration shows correct dates for phones but when registering tablets using imei it shows erroneous dates.
Do I believe this? No
Is it a fault of o2's? I believe no again.
What I believe is the case is, these are whatever Sony could supply to o2's order of 2000 xperia z tablets.
Some were new, some were refurbished and the refurbished ones may have already been registered. However, as Sony will honour the full 24month warranty, in the most part, they are as good as new.
I just don't think they were refurbished that well.