Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Level 3: Thinker

Re: Samsung S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra. Pre-order now on O2

Any deals I see now are buds live rather than buds pro
Level 1: Joiner

Can anyone from 02 confirm the position. Text says delivery by 5th Feb. Email says no stock and gives no date
O2 Social Media Team

@AcademicBarzo wrote:
I've received the text yesterday saying my order had been delayed and would arrive by the 5th Feb, but this morning I've received an email that says my order is out of stock and gives no indication of when it will arrive. Please advise.

Sorry for any confusion this automated email will have caused. That email is automatic and only looks at stock availability and not future stock intake. We're expecting stock to arrive next week meaning if you were due an S21 Ultra 512GB today and you got our SMS update about the delay, then you will be getting it no later than 5 Feb. Again sorry for any confusion, but you will receive your new phone next week.

@Antonysj wrote:
As it seems many other retailers have the 512gb version in stock for today.

I'm afraid I don't currently have any clarity on the 'UK-wide international shipping issue' and if that's something more impacting us, or the UK as a whole, but from my own checks the 512GB stock availability is a bit of a mixed bag. In EE's case (for example), they quote a dispatch within 14 days for their 256 and 512GB model.

Looking outside of networks and at UK sellers as a whole, I can see out of stock or delayed delivery messaging on the S21 Ultra 512GB for Amazon, Samsung directly (7-10 business day delivery, despite showing 'in stock'), Buy Mobiles (delivered in 7 days), Affordable Mobiles (delivered in 7 days) and others - so this could suggest this isn't something impacting only O2.

@Rbarkley82 wrote:
the main issue for me is they left it so late to notify so even if we could get it elsewhere it was too late. The text message also states the £50 compensation but it's the first time ever I have noticed compensation where Terms Apply and no link to the terms given.

This is really unfortunate and not at all what we'd have hoped for. As we expected stock to arrive yesterday which we could then have dispatched in time for delivery today, we had only a very short period where we could notify impacted customers of the delay. I appreciate it was a very short notice, but we updated customers as soon as we became aware the stock wouldn't arrive in time.

@Emz89 wrote:
Can anyone from 02 confirm the position. Text says delivery by 5th Feb. Email says no stock and gives no date

Our position is as outlined in the text impacted customers would have received. If you received this SMS, then your S21 Ultra 512GB will arrive by 5 Feb, if not sooner. And any impacted customer will still be able to claim the free gifts they were entitled to when the pre-ordered - just follow the instruction leaflet you'll receive with your phone when it arrives.

Hi. I'm from the Social Media Team.

[ Edited ]

Many thanks for the reply - so I can trust the text I received that my pre-ordered phone should be with me by the 5th Feb (not the automated e-mail response). Excellent - look forward to receiving it in due course.

Level 3: Thinker

So I spoke to someone from the CEO office who has confirmed the stock came in today and I'm due to receive mine Monday. He even confirmed this on email.

Hi Chris I ordered / paid on 27th before deadline will I still be able to claim pods. 

@Chris_K wrote:

@Rbarkley82 wrote:
And @Chris_K I take it this delay will be taken into account by Samsung?

No claims should be impacted by this.

The deadline to submit a claim, including proof of purchase and any other required information will be midnight on 27/02/2021. As 05/02/2021 is the latest we expect any impacted S21 Ultra devices to arrive by, there will be over 3 weeks where you'll be able to submit your claim.

My friend is on EE and he received his S21 Ultra today and showed it to me. So disappointed that I had nothing to show him back rage

So long as we get our devices soon I'm still happy.

Considering the mess of the recent PS5 and xBox S/X console and nVidia and AMD graphics card launches latest tech seems to be a massive target for huge international scalping groups. Months down the line and still can't get hold of any of the above at RRP.

Have you received a dispatch email? Interestingly online they are now showing as a 2 to 3 day delay
Topics: 575

Dispatch emails are only sent the evening before the day of delivery @Emz89 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)