cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Community email notifications: now with a new look!

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hi everyone,

We're implementing some changes to how the email notifications you receive from the community look!

So far, you've been probably getting something along these lines:

Screenshot 2022-07-19 at 11.07.25.png

Now they're going to look more like this:

Screenshot 2022-07-19 at 11.06.03.png

Please let us know if you're already receiving this brand new email layout, we're starting the changes with the email you get when you're mentioned on the community and will gradually implement it to every other template.

If you feel like it, please do share with me via DM a screenshot of how it's looking on your device (you can cut out your personal details - as I did on the above images).

Hope you all like it 🤓!

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Really appreciate your feedback @adec and thank you so much for sharing a screenshot as well, it is really helpful.

Message 11 of 31

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25166 Posts
  • 812 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@RafaC 

I`ve received new format e-mails.

To be honest, they are more difficult to read with white on turquoise back ground and even more so with text of blue on torquoise.

Could you please explain, and give examples of what you mean when you say you

will gradually implement it to every other template

How will this affect the actual Community forum ?

Can I ask, why is the platform provider allowed to force another change on us the regular users of the forum without any prior notice or consultation ? But wait a minute, I think I can answer my own question -

I forgot that this Community is not a democracy and our voices don`t count, so we have to live with and put up with whatever the platform provider decides.

As @Cleoriff said, why has the platform provider spent time on something which is unnecessary and uncalled for when there are issues going back nearly 12 months which still have not been addressed ?

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 12 of 31

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hi @Mi-Amigo, thanks for your feedback.
We’ve implemented the change in only one email template so far and I’ve created this topic to get feedback from you guys and to check with you if it’s working fine. By saying that we will implement it on other templates I mean that other email notifications are going to look similar to the example above and none of these changes are going to affect the actual community forum. These changes are related to how the automatically generated emails you receive from the community look like. 

We do appreciate your input on this and I will feed all your comments back to the team.

Message 13 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144500 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions

I have to agree with the others, for what it's worth.

Why ?????

Emails should be clear and concise and take as little data as possible, otherwise the loading times of numerous emails becomes excessive and frustrating.

There's no need whatsoever to make emails fancy, just fix the issues that need fixing and leave those things that aren't broken alone. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 31

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the feedback, @MI5 and others.

Email is an important way we communicate with members, so it's good for us to have a design that not only looks like it's from O2, but is also appealing and inviting. We'll share everyone's thoughts with the team.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 15 of 31

Mi-Amigo
  • 25166 Posts
  • 812 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @RafaC for your reply and clarifying what is intended.

@RafaC and @lewys-gp I appreciate our comments being fed back to platform provider but if past experience is anything to go by doubt if they will take a blind bit of notice of what we say and will carry on with their own hidden agenda.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 16 of 31

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

I've sent a PM @RafaC (with a few snips).

I'll just show others what I get with the new format.

Blue Screen.JPG

Very interesting! I've cleared cache and cookies (before anyone asks). If we go with this stupid template, I'll never be able to read the email as there is no script!! Therefore, how can I get on forum to respond to any emails??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 31

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Thanks for sharing that @Cleoriff, I've just replied to your PM.

Message 18 of 31

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey everyone,

We really appreciate your feedback here on the community and that’s why we’ve created this topic to let you know that only one of the email templates was about to be changed. 

We didn’t apply the modifications to them all at once because we wanted to hear from you first and take your input into consideration.

We did some testing beforehand, before making this new design live, and it worked fine then. And even though it's a shame that the expected behaviour of the email isn't happening for some of the members, it's great that as a community we can share results and then feedback it, to ultimately come up with a solution that is best for all members .

So since a few of you weren’t happy with the readability on the blue background, and others had different issues with it, we’ve switched back to a white background but kept the logo at the top and the new button down below. 

Again, thank you so much for all your feedback and hope you all like the new layout better. It’s only been applied to the email you get when someone mentions you on the community so far.

It’s going to look like this:

Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 15.56.12.png

Hope you all like better the newest version 😊

Message 19 of 31

Mi-Amigo
  • 25166 Posts
  • 812 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@RafaC 

Firstly, thank you for listening and acting on the comments made by members of the O2 Community who are regular users. It makes a pleasant and welcomed change from the previous issues raised by the regular users when we were fobbed off and our suggestions were ignored and the "powers to be" were more in favour of supporting the platform provider.

Secondly, the example you have posted is clear and easy to read. I have yet to see this in my e-mails but if it is as the example, and, as you have said, it only applies to e-mails sent when someone mentions me in the Community, and does not affect the Community, then I can see no problem.

Again thank you for taking on board the comments made and acting promptly and accordingly. 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 20 of 31