Did you mean: 

New changes for the O2 website!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

As most of you are aware we recently had a big update to the home page here on the O2 community. Not wanting to be left out the main O2 website has just had an update! 

The new version brings a different visual style to the O2 website and a new layout that will help users find what they're looking for easier than before. 

We'd love to hear your thoughts on the new look and feel so take a look at the updated site. Do you have a favourite new feature and what do you think about the visual style? and let us know your feedback below. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
The pop ups for like the s10 and iPhone looks cool
Message 2 of 13

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I like the new look @Martin-O2 and agree with @liggerz87 the popups for the S10s and the iPhone look cool.

I only use the website when searching out a new phone, so having just received my S10+, I'll not be using the website much again.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 13

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Same here glory but I do tend to browse every now and the how you enjoying your s10+ I saw demo model and was like wow that screen like when you first see a hd TV lol
Message 4 of 13

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I'm loving my S10+ @liggerz87 thank you. It's so good to have a fast working phone again. Started a review which I'll post in the next few days. 

But I will say this is a powerful phone, fast and great for streaming. And with 128gb of storage, which you can increase to 512gb, plenty of data to do it with.

I love, love, love my S10+.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 5 of 13

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35233 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Hmm... it looks dark and mysterious, with water drops or something... but scrolling required, and reminiscent of the BBC website when they do a "special" on some topic - pictures slide beneath the window in the text.

I'll try it on the mobile later...Destroy

One thing it does not have is a blurry image of people taking up the top 60% of the screen (on laptop!).thumbsup

Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just caught up with this and sorry to say, I'm not keen. (Sounds as if I don't like change, though that's not the case, I just don't like THIS change)

Too much scrolling (which seems to be the 'in' thing with both recent changes)

The other thing, right at the bottom in the blue band , yet again the iPhone range heads up the most popular, yet the first phone displayed at the top is the S10 range.

I know O2 always tends to favour iPhones, though surely the bottom OLD banner should reflect the most popular phone at the time?

(Always been a personal niggle of mine!!)

O2 Most popular.GIF

Edited to add, this is on Laptop..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As I don't want to appear totally negative, I quite like this bit of clever 'artistry'

O2 arrow.GIF

The arrow bobs up and down. upside_down

Having said that, when you click on it (as I did) it serves no purpose. What it shows you is already there, you just have to scroll down a bit more.

So it looks as if I am 'damning it with faint praise'....Smiley Surprised

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just caught up with this and sorry to say, I'm not keen. (Sounds as if I don't like change, though that's not the case, I just don't like THIS change)

Too much scrolling (which seems to be the 'in' thing with both recent changes)

The other thing, right at the bottom in the blue band , yet again the iPhone range heads up the most popular, yet the first phone displayed at the top is the S10 range.

I know O2 always tends to favour iPhones, though surely the bottom OLD banner should reflect the most popular phone at the time?

(Always been a personal niggle of mine!!)

O2 Most popular.GIF

Edited to add, this is on Laptop..

Alphabetical order?....though I doubt O2 are that organised!

I like the new website although it does seem to take longer to load now, not much but noticeable. I think it's much more neat and tidy and easy to navigate.

Message 9 of 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks to all for sharing your thoughts about the new look O2 website. The team involved are really keen to hear your feedback so any other comments are welcome. slight_smile 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 13