Did you mean: 

Mexico & Caribbean: Support from O2

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

O2 have taken some steps to support those affected by the recent earthquakes and hurricanes that have affected Mexico and the Caribbean. Please see below for details and let us know if you have any questions.

Earthquake in Mexico - supporting O2 customers

After yesterday’s earthquake in Mexico we’re supporting O2 customers who have friends and family living or staying in the country as well as any of our customers who are visiting.

We’ll remove all usage charges for our customers calling from their O2 mobile in the UK to international landlines and international mobile numbers in Mexico. This will apply to usage charges for O2 customers roaming in Mexico too.  We’ll monitor accounts and credit all relevant charges accordingly.

Support period from 20th September to 24th September.

Here’s the foreign travel advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/mexico and the emergency assistance number is +44 (0)20 7008 1500 for any further help.

O2 customers in the Caribbean - be safe!

We’ve been tracking the recent news around hurricanes affecting areas in the Caribbean and we understand some of our customers may have been impacted by these events.

We want to make things as easy as we can for you. If you have loved ones who may have been affected,  we’ll remove all usage charges for our customers calling from their O2 mobile in the UK to international landlines and international mobile numbers for the locations listed below. This will apply to usage charges for O2 customers roaming in these locations too.  We’ll monitor accounts and credit all relevant charges accordingly.

Locations included: Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, British Virgin Islands, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Jamaica and the Turks & Caicos Islands

Support period from 6th September 2017 to 24th September 2017.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Well done again O2 and very prompt action. Hopefully those roaming in Mexico and the Caribbean will be able to connect to a network there. 

Message 2 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@jonsie Yes fingers crossed there is enough coverage for people to let loved ones know they are safe. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Well done O2. Excellent reponse time

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
good service but please check your bills if this affects you. I've been charged whilst in Turks and Caicos during the relevant dates. on querying this I have been told I will be credited the charges in my November bill
Message 5 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the feedback on this @Anonymous. Please let me know if you have any issues getting your refund wink

signature

Message 6 of 6