Did you mean: 

Introducing Volt – the new supercharged service from Virgin Media O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions
Volt_Banner_Crop_2.gif

UPDATE: We've seem some repeat questions and common issues being raised. We've added an update here so if you're experiencing issues, please read this first and see our post-weekend update here too.

Good morning all. What a week this is going to be! This morning we have introduced Volt to the world, the new supercharged service from Virgin Media O2. Our press release was published here this morning with notes and sources, but I've copied the juicy bits below.

Whether you're an O2 customer, a VM customer, both, or none, you can check out our handy website here which will show you how you can get supercharged.

Can I get Volt benefits for everyone in my household who’s on O2?

If you have Virgin Media broadband in your name, you’ll be able to get Volt benefits for all O2 Pay Monthly plans in your name, in your household. But we’re expanding this. Soon, anyone in your household with their own O2 Pay Monthly plan will be able to get Volt benefits through the household’s Virgin Media broadband account. Keep an eye on My O2 and you’ll see the option to activate Volt benefits when it becomes available to you, and you can also stay up to date by visiting https://www.o2.co.uk/virgin-media-o2

_16-9 Screens_v001.jpg

First joint product gives customers the best of both brands, with even greater value on UK’s fastest major broadband provider and award winning mobile network

• Volt marks the first major launch since Virgin Media and O2’s £31bn merger earlier this year
  • Gig 1 broadband available for the first time in a bundle, combined with an unlimited data O2 SIM and TV favourites
  • Existing customers simply need to register to get their services supercharged – for free
  • Volt brings faster broadband speeds, double mobile data and discounts

London, UK: Virgin Media O2 is today lifting the lid on its first ever joint product, Volt, bringing together award winning connectivity and amazing entertainment from both Virgin Media and O2, to give customers even more from their services – more speed, more data and more value.

Virgin Media and O2 customers can now supercharge their services and reap extra rewards simply by being customers of both brands. Volt offers double the broadband speed, double the mobile data and discounts on connected devices when customers have or choose to take a broadband service from Virgin Media and a Pay Monthly plan from O2. What’s more, customers with an O2 plan can access exclusive rewards, perks and experiences from Priority – one of the UK’s best loyalty initiatives.

The new joint offering comes less than 150 days since Virgin Media O2 launched, building on the company’s momentum of almost 13 million gigabit premises passed and 5G coverage from O2 expanded to 210 locations. Volt highlights Virgin Media O2’s commitment to offer more choice, convenience and innovation with seamless broadband, entertainment and mobile services all available under one roof.

Exclusive Virgin Media O2 Volt benefits include:

• A broadband speed boost to the next tier available (e.g. 100Mbps boosted to 200Mbps)
  • Double mobile data on all eligible O2 Pay Monthly plans (e.g. 10GB boosted to 20GB)
  • Up to £150 off a connected device such as a tablet or smartwatch when taking a new O2 Pay Monthly Custom plan
  • WiFi Pods available to bolster connectivity around the home
  • Roaming in 75 countries including USA, Australia and Spain with O2 Travel

Volt is available to both new and existing customers, offering exclusive benefits to account holders no matter what broadband package or eligible Pay Monthly plan they take. Those new to either Virgin Media or O2 will be able to upgrade to Volt when they add relevant services to their connectivity line-up, while existing customers of both Virgin Media and O2 simply need to enrol via MyO2 to get their services supercharged – at no additional cost.

Jeff Dodds, Chief Operating Officer at Virgin Media O2 said,

“With Volt, we’re combining the speed and reliability of Virgin Media’s broadband and O2’s mobile networks alongside a variety of incredible perks to give our customers more.

“The launch of converged services in less than 150 days as a business is a huge milestone moment and demonstrates the momentum we have behind our commitment to supercharge connectivity across the UK. This is just the start.”

This exciting milestone for Virgin Media O2 means that consumers who do not currently take services from either brand can supercharge their package with Volt from the get-go, with new bundles containing an O2 SIM and Virgin Media broadband available on 18 month contracts. The new packages include the ‘Big Volt’ bundle, ‘Bigger Volt’ bundle and ‘Ultimate Volt’ bundle, all of which come with the exclusive Volt benefits and boosts to offer customers more. Pricing for Volt bundles start from £40 per month for 200Mbps Broadband (boosted from 100Mbps), Talk More Weekends and a 10GB O2 SIM (boosted from 5GB). The top Volt bundle (Ultimate Volt bundle) includes Gig1 broadband, an unlimited data O2 SIM, tonnes of TV favourites and two TV 360 boxes, available for £99 per month.

Supercharging small businesses

Small businesses and start-ups who take a Voom broadband service from Virgin Media Business and an eligible O2 Small Biz tariff can also supercharge their services, with 4G start-up and back-up, double mobile data and exclusive perks from Priority.

Virgin Media O2 is the leading converged challenger in the market, pairing O2’s award winning mobile network and the UK’s fastest major broadband provider to enhance connectivity for customers at home and on the go. With Virgin Media’s rapid gigabit broadband rollout and O2’s commitment to deliver 5G to half the UK population in 2023, Virgin Media O2 is just getting started.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 524
523 REPLIES 523

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Mandrake wrote:

Eventually I got a response asking for some more info that was 2:40 after initial message, though once again no answer back since (+1 hour); Making for a very slow and long convo!

Our teams have been busier than normal these past few weeks and unfortunately right now it's taking us longer to respond than we'd like, but I'm hoping you'll have heard back from the team by now. It may not be immediate, but we should be able to get things looked into and straightened out at the very least.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 151 of 524

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I try not to contact VM support. Prior experience has told me it's headache worthy.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 152 of 524

ChasWinaFlurry
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had my data updated with O2, I now have 7GB data, (2gb original +2 volt plus 3 free with an addon)

Nothing from VM yet.  When I tried to speak to someone they wanted £20 a month extra to do the speed update.  Which is very dodgy if you ask me, because then I'd be on the top speed and wouldn't get it via Volt.

Someone needs to kick some butt and tell these pushy sales people to stop trying to squeeze even more out of folks when this is supposed to be free.  The line they spun me was that I needed to be on a different package to get Volt, totally opposite to what the T&C's of Volt say.

Message 153 of 524

Saitama_OPM
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I've just signed up for an O2 monthly SIM to benefit from VOLT too, currently with VM on the GIG1 package.

I'm also getting the "You already have Volt benefits, or can't get them in your area" error message.

I don't have any social media so can't contact O2 via Twitter, FB, Instagram etc as @Chris_K  keeps suggesting people do... is there any way to contact support for people without these?  I've gone through the contact us page several times and can't find any phone numbers or links to start a live chat? Looked on VM's contact pages too and no easy contact methods there either 😕

The only thing I've noticed and wondered if it might be an issue is my address on my VM bill lists my street name as "123 XXXXXXX Avenue" but on the O2 Volt page it's " XXXXXXX Ave,"  (as taken from the signup postcode search).  Any ideas if this could be enough for the computer to mismatch my address?

Just read through this entire thread and you seem like a lovely bunch so hoping anyone can help with my predicament... wink cheers.

Message 154 of 524

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10114 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@Saitama_OPM 

Welcome to the forum. 

The address shouldn't matter if its from Avenue to Ave. 

I would give it a few days for the system to catch up and then keep checking the o2 account pages, it can take up to 14 days for the o2 benefits to be applied

Don't bother with VM support, as you wont get any benefits from VM if on Gig1 or any of the Oomph Packages and VM Support and Social teams haven't got a clue... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 155 of 524

Shroko
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 31 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Saitama_OPM You're already on the Gig1 BB speed, that's the fastest speed VM currently offer. 

You are still entitled to all the other Volt benefits though.

Message 156 of 524

Saitama_OPM
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh @Shroko  hey, thanks for the replies. Yeah, just wanting the double data on my new O2 sim. I'll check back in a few days then to see if it catches up then.

I realised I wouldn't get a speed boost (at least until GIG2 is available) and it did make me think... a nice gesture would have been to reduce the charge for people already on the top tier to the cost of the one below. Does seem unfair that someone that's been paying the full whack for GIG1 keeps paying it, yet someone on M500 paying less now gets the same, but hey ho, it is what it is and what company will throw away profit it doesn't have to...  but thanks again for the assist.

Message 157 of 524

Pestca
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Message 158 of 524

Pestca
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 7 days today since I've signed up on o2 and finally see a light at the end of a tunnel.

"Thanks for your interest in Volt
You'll be seeing this page for one of three reasons:
1. Your Volt benefits are active
Thanks for taking up Volt. We hope you're making the most of all the exclusive benefits.
2. Your Volt benefits are on the way
We'll let you know you as soon as your Volt benefits have been activated – this can take up to 14 days.
3. You're ineligible for Volt
Virgin Media isn't available at the address below, sorry. But we're always expanding our broadband network, so keep an eye on My O2 to see when Virgin Media becomes available to you. You can also stay up to date by visiting https://www.o2.co.uk/virgin-media-o2."

Since I didn't get an option to opt it I am assuming this will be applied automatically within 14 days. We all just have to wait I guess.

Message 159 of 524

Praneeth08
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I have recently signed up to VOLT (I am both a VM and o2 customer). I got a text today to confirm my data has been doubled (horay!) and can see it reflected correctly on 'my account' web and app pages. 

However when talking to VM about it ask about the free speed boost (from M350 to M500), there is absolutely no luck with it. I have been told this is not available to me and is only available to customers on a non-contract price (i.e. with no initial discount applied). However nowhere in the Tc&Cs does it mention this. It seems like it's providing only false hope on the VM side?
T&Cs link:https://www.virginmedia.com/join/terms-and-conditions (see Annex A, Section B)

Anyone else experienced the same? (it seems so from above posts). 
Any help o2? 

Message 160 of 524