Did you mean: 

Community Spotlight: Pgn

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Happy Friday everyone!

It's time for a new Community Spotlight bulb This time, we'll be focusing on a member who has been on this forum since 2012, and started being very active across all the boards since last year. His contributions are always greatly appreciated, whether they're in off-topic or in help threads. I give you ...

... Pgn !

I asked him a few questions to help you get to know him a bit more, but if you're curious about anything else feel free to ask in the comments slight_smile

What’s your name and where are you from?

Greg's my name, Derry's my hame (but a spell in Scotland years ago has tarnished my speech a touch - look it up!).  Oh yes, some call it Derry, some call it Londonderry - it's up in the north-west of Ireland.

What brought you to the forum?

Apparently, I registered with the Community in 2012, but my first post was in 2014: a reply to someone about problems getting a VAT invoice online.  I guess I needed a VAT invoice and couldn't get one.

What do you like the most about the Community?

There's a core group of wonderful guys'n'gals here who look out for each other, and any of them is always keen to answer a newcomer's query. Competition for whose answer is the right one tends to run high, though...  The monthly Awards are a bonus, but it'd be nice to be able to save them up and apply them to a PAYG account to maximise the Top-up benefits (so my kids tell me!).

Tea or coffee, and how do you take it?

Tea in the morning, either a light Earl Grey or PG Tips with milk. Coffee at 11-ish. Tea for the rest of the day is always taken on the light-side, with milk.  And a sit-in (!) Costa flat white with a slice of Belgian Caramel Shortbread on a Saturday before or after having wiggled a wonky-wheeled trolley through Tesco...

Apple, Android or Windows?

Android phone, Windows PC or laptop. Apples are for keeping the Doctor away!

What would you do if you ever won the lottery?

Pay off the mortgage, fix the house up and go on a holiday with the family, all in short order.

What’s the one food you would never give up?

Baked vanilla cheesecake! And Cadbury's Flake. But not at the same time.

You’re stuck at home on a rainy day - which movie do you watch?

Any animated kids' movie - Wall-E, Rango, Hotel Transylvania, The Incredibles, Monsters Inc, Ice Age, Over the Hedge... want me to go on?

Cats, dogs, hamsters … do you have any pets?

An 11-month old German Shepherd and a 2.5 year old chocolate Lab. And a cat, who rules the roost.

Future developments in mobile tech you’re looking forward to?

Wearable, unobtrusive tech. Talking to my phone to tell it to who to call. Letting the phone handle the drudge of appointment-making... I really want to see the first truly electronic "newspaper", that I can fold up or roll up and put in my back pocket or unfurl and read or watch films as and where I want, even at the beach without worrying about the sand, sea, sun or sun cream damaging it.

Any hobbies besides this Community?

Oooh... now you're askin'...!  I read - the basic Kindle's quite good for that, any place, anywhere... but that electronic newspaper's gonna be a real winner!  

Thanks again @pgn, and have a lovely weekend everyone Happy Dance

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Welcome @pgn.

I enjoy your posts. You obviously have a keen technical brain...and that mixed with a great sense of humour is a winner for me. I  am sure I will think of a question to ask you later...LOL

PS: OF COURSE your cat rules the roost. Tis aways the way....Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 44

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Welcome @pgn. I love your sense of humour which so closely matches mine. Enjoy reading your posts, many of which not only entertain but inform.

I think you're a very clever chap who is a very welcome addition to our community. Hope you're here for a long time to come.

I also like your taste in films. All the ones you mention I have and love. I'm just a kid at heart in spite of my age.

By the way, just so you know, I call it Derry 😊

Can I ask what do you like to read - fiction or non-fiction? Any favourite author(s)?
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 44

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Wave

Good to know more about you slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 44

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Welcome @pgn.

I enjoy your posts. You obviously have a keen technical brain...and that mixed with a great sense of humour is a winner for me. I  am sure I will think of a question to ask you later...LOL

Yeah, cats kinda do that. Her sister has taken umbrage and now spends most of her time two doors up, only coming by here for food when her adoptive family are away. They are both about 10 now, they came from a rescue centre nearby.

As it's well past beer'o'clock, and sun is blazing, the garden beckons - I claim no responsibility for the answer to your next question this evening. yahoo

Message 6 of 44

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Welcome @pgn.

Yeah, cats kinda do that. Her sister has taken umbrage and now spends most of her time two doors up, only coming by here for food when her adoptive family are away. They are both about 10 now, they came from a rescue centre nearby.

As it's well past beer'o'clock, and sun is blazing, the garden beckons - I claim no responsibility for the answer to your next question this evening. yahoo

Just what is responsibility? That's for the 'uns!

Message 7 of 44

pgn
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

By the way, just so you know, I call it Derry 😊

Can I ask what do you like to read - fiction or non-fiction? Any favourite author(s)?

The Irish is "Doire", so you're spot-on thumbsup

Favourite authors? Oh, well, given my signature quote, you might have guessed Douglas Adams is up there in my list. I have been searching for my copy of Pyramids for #1 daughter, it is missing... She has settled for my copy of Guards, Guards instead - Terry Pratchett is on that list too. yahoo

Non-fiction, hmm... nothing special. Prof Brian Cox, perhaps... Never completed any of Hawking's or Dawkins' books, despite my best intentions. Whistle

Message 8 of 44

pgn
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Send me your dog's Greg 😉

There y'go: Taken a few months ago, and two big dogs in a bed for one - the lab does have his own bed to the right, off pic, without bars... Weird animals. rofl

IMG-20180208-WA0000.jpg

Message 9 of 44

pgn
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Thank you, @MI5. It was good fun to write tongue_winking
Message 10 of 44