Did you mean: 

Community Recap: January 2023

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hiiii wave

Was January fast or slow? I honestly can’t tell. Time waits for no man, I suppose and February decided to come anyway. 

It was a steady start to 2023 here on the community with lots of great games, discussions and announcements. Let’s check out all the highlights 🔦

Amazing Content Created by You

The Games 🎮

White Room Quiz Mon 02 Jan 2023 - "January" Quiz

2023 was off to a running start with the “January” edition of the White Room Quiz. Some of the questions were, our host admitted, a bit tricky but all quizzers were awarded at least three stars for their efforts.

White Room Quiz Wed 04 Jan 2023 - WRQ A to Z Quiz 3 part 1

(part 2 and part 3)

The quiz-fest continued with another three-part instalment of the A-Z themed WRQ. It was bittersweet for some as they lamented all the free time they’d have while the Word Hunt Diamond took a much needed rest. A farthing for your thoughts, anyone?

Word Hunt Diamond to return on Tues 31 Jan 2023

The WHD made it back in the nick of time (here) to be included in the January recap. The joy of it’s return was so palpable, players were even said to have shared a moment of telepathy. An excellent round for all the community’s Wordy McWordfaces. 🤓

The Laughs 🤣

What are you all doing on celebrating Chinese New Year?

As we leap from the year of the Tiger to that of the Rabbit, @pgn shared some of their sage advice. Better start getting the jokes ready for the year of the Dragon!

Surprise

Not ‘laugh’ per se,  but a joyful smile. Our dear @Pipstop78 received the rather exciting news that she’ll soon be a Nanna 👏🎊

The Discussions 🤔

Favourite tv programme

A great bit of discussion here with so many of you sharing your favourite TV shows. Did yours make the list?

Gifts

Anyone still enjoying your Christmas gifts? How many of us got socks, do you think?

❄️‌O2 Community Winter 2023 Playlist ‌❄️

Our resident music man @RafaC brought us another playlist for the ages. Loads of suggestions have already been added so don’t forget to go drop your winter jam into the comments. (Yes, winter is not over.)

News, Updates and Announcements 🗞

What’s New?

Samsung Unpacked - 1st Feb 2023 @ 6pm

There was some considerable buzz around the Samsung Unpacked event. Will you be looking to upgrade your device any time soon?

O2 System Updates – 360

The community got a much needed update regarding the mysterious 360 system–hopefully making it a bit less mysterious. Check out the thread to see the great questions you all have been asking and drop yours in if you see something that isn’t covered.

Virgin Mobile customers begin move to O2 Plans

VMO2 integration plans are beginning to come to fruition as Virgin Mobile customers are set to begin transferring to O2. You all had some great questions and thoughts about the announcement.

How was your January? Anything we missed in this month’s recap? Let me know in the comments 👇

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123335 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Missed this @Breanna!

So yes was delighted to see the WORD HUNT DIAMOND back. I love the game.

Re TV, we've had some cracking programmes to watch.

The last ever Happy Valley, concludes tonight.

Maternal, about the return of 3 female doctors to the workplace after maternity leave.

Dragons Den where budding entrepreneurs make a pitch to the 'Dragons' in the hope of receiving money for xx amount of their business.

The Apprentice. Not sure about this series as they all seem a bit thick to me!

Silent Witness. Excellent programme re Forensic science working out how someone died.

Vera.  A new series about an older female detective who has murders to solve.

Then the light hearted...

The Masked Singer. The panel have to guess who the singer is, as they are covered from head to toe in fancy dress and have to sing live.

Dancing on Ice. A reality programme where so called celebs have to learn to skate with professional skaters. they are marked by judges (Including Torvill and Dean) then the public vote and the worse ones get voted off

Would I Lie to you.  A Panel show where the contestants tell the most outrageous stories and the panel have to guess if they are true or false.                                               

I watch a lot of TV as well as reading about 2 books a week. So plenty to do. Great not having to get up for work although I do keep up with all the medical and scientific advances.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Breanna
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

That is a lot of shows @Cleoriff! I wouldn't be able to keep up. 

Reading anything exciting now? I'm listening to Babel on Audible recently and it's been a really good one.

Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123335 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

I'm reading Encore in Death by JD Robb @Breanna.

It's been on order for 3 months and arrived last night. Brilliant.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4