Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile customers begin move to O2 Plans

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

Virgin Media O2 will be giving millions of its customers more data and extra benefits this year as it begins moving all Virgin Mobile customers over to O2’s range of plans.

From February, the company will start sending communications to the first group of Virgin Mobile customers to let them know that their current service will transfer over to a new O2 plan. As part of this migration, millions of customers will receive unlimited texts and voice calls, and either double the data or unlimited data for the same amount each month – no customers will see the cost of their plan rise as a result of this move. This will be alongside access to Priority from O2 and other O2 benefits such as extra roaming destinations and continued inclusive EU roaming, something not offered to all customers by any other major mobile network.

The move will occur seamlessly and over the air for the vast majority of customers with no need to replace SIMs, port phone numbers or change billing dates or information. Exact details of the changes and steps will be outlined clearly to individual customers at least 30 days ahead of their migration taking place. Migrations will occur throughout the year, and by the end of 2023 all existing and newly joined Virgin Mobile customers will have been moved to O2 plans.

This represents a key pillar in Virgin Media O2’s integration, with the first stage of this plan completed at the end of last year when the entire Virgin Mobile base transferred over to using the O2 network – so all data, voice and text traffic is already using the company’s connectivity. This latest stage now marks the moment when customer plans start moving over to O2.

Virgin Mobile will continue to offer flexible handset contracts and 30-day rolling SIM only plans this year, with a variety of options under consideration regarding the use of the Virgin Mobile brand in future.

Gareth Turpin, Chief Commercial Officer at Virgin Media O2 said: “This is a major milestone moment for Virgin Media O2 as our Virgin Mobile customers start moving over to O2 plans, receiving added value and benefits on top. Our teams will guide customers through every step of the migration, and we’re laser focused on making sure this all occurs in the most hassle-free way possible. With all of our mobile brands now powered by the award-winning O2 network, we are making fantastic progress in our integration plans while continuing to deliver a range of knockout mobile services that cater for all needs.”

Virgin Media and O2 merged in June 2021 creating the UK’s largest telecoms challenger with award-winning mobile services and the fastest widely available broadband in the market all under one roof.

O2 provides 4G services to 99% of the UK and 5G services to more than 800 towns and cities with a plan to cover 50% of the UK population with 5G this year. It also stands alone as the only major mobile network to not reintroduce EU roaming fees and, since the app launched, has provided more than £200 million of savings to customers through Priority from O2 which offer customers exclusive access to rewards, unique experiences and daily perks, as well as Priority Tickets for thousands of gigs and events across the UK.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7949 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Was on the cards when they stopped doing anything but 30 day rolling contracts.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149517 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

Good grief.

A network already teetering on the brink about to be pushed over completely !!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 126043 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Let's hope the error codes on Apple watches has been sorted by then!

All we are doing currently is referring all these members to the O2 advisors!

Talk about overkill.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12627 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Good grief.

A network already teetering on the brink about to be pushed over completely !!

The capacity is already being used (they moved over before Christmas) and probably accounts for a large proportion of the issues we see about slow speeds and congestion on the network @MI5 .

The problem now will be that the o2 customer service team will get swamped with the ~ 3.5 million more people trying to contact them! 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 13

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7949 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Life should be fun on the Virgin Forum.

How long have we had Volt and they are still screwing that up.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 13

jonsie
  • 94055 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Seamlessly and hassle-free....two words definitely not associated with VirginmediaO2

Message 7 of 13

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24004 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Seamlessly and hassle-free....two words definitely not associated with VirginmediaO2

Bambino_0-1673449352972.gif

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 13

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11603 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

Four words that don't apply to any Tech Company doing migrations " Seamlessly and Hassle Free"

That's the jinx been put on the migration... 

Think ill grab some pop corn, and watch the bun fight on the VM Community

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 9 of 13

Luke30
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I'm on virgin mobile as well as being on o2 and my virgin mobile contact comes to an end on February next year and I will be planing to get it set on the network to get it cancel instead of the network renewing it as I am moving from o2 and virgin mobile to sky mobile as I have sky boardband and TV.

LGreenwood
Message 10 of 13