Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Dancamz
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why do we still not have the cost/tariff info for the X? preorders start in just over a week and they still havent released the costs?

Why are they keeping everything under wraps? its impossible that they are about a week away from preorders and they dont know how much theyre going to charge, so why are they still not releasing this info?

Message 161 of 1,685

Leebroath
  • 81 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They are waiting to see the offers from other companies 

Message 162 of 1,685

Dancamz
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

if all the companies were waiting on each other i dont think we'd ever get prices lol

does anyone remember how long before the iphone 8 preorders/release that we knew all the tarriff info for that?

Message 163 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just want to know if there’s only going to be one tariff for the iPhone X, or will there be others available after launch?
Message 164 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I moved to EE now. No longer an O2 customer.

Now I'm eligible for Apple Watch Series 3 LTE. slight_smile I don't know why people are staying in O2 unless they are "comfortable".

After O2 losing TUGo, World Chat, £1 Lunch Priority, no Watch LTE all in one year why the heck stay in O2? You might as well use Tesco or Giffgaff! If you're a Tesco customer, you'll get clubcard points for using them! I would have gone Tesco if I wasn't an Apple person.

Message 165 of 1,685

chocolatesox
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m getting so impatient but it’s nearly time!

I have a terrible memory but based on previous iPhone launches (or even 8), when will o2 be taking preorders? 9am?

And I’m assuming I can, but I’m hoping so badly that I can preorder as part of an upgrade and keep my existing phone until I can get my hands on the X.

I’m hoping on getting the silver 64GB.. how about everyone else?
Message 166 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think pre-orders are on the 27th October but no idea what time.....i'm sure someone will know.

Message 167 of 1,685

andrewstevenson
Level 3: Thinker
  • 172 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was told all networks at 8am but o2 9am as we don’t get the tariff info till 8am on the launch day
Message 168 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What is the delivery going to be like for the X? A shambles like the 7 plus or improved?
Message 169 of 1,685

uncleiven197
  • 76 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
There’s some basic pricing up on the iPhone X Page isn’t there?
Message 170 of 1,685