Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm on the yearly upgrade programme and I'm due an upgrade.
I've recieved a message saying that I'm due an upgrade cause it has been over 12 month in my current contract and that I can hand in my current device for the new one etc...

Since I don't really have much time to go personally and visit the o2 store I wanted to do this online but it's saying "pay this much and upgrade now or wait for your contract to end" and there is no option for the yearly upgrade programme even though I've made more than 12 monthly repayments. 

Does anyone know how to do the yearly upgrade programme online? I think it should be on my o2 by the upgrade options but all its saying is that I have to pay the rest of my device plan in order to upgrade but that's not how the upgrade works so if anyone could help me I would appreciate it.

Message 151 of 1,685

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sell your phone or recycle it and pay off the device plan, it’s then free to upgrade.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 152 of 1,685

chrisymon
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

your phone should be stored on your app if its the original one you got from o2. It then will give you a valuation of that phone but in good condition so dont just go on that qoute as that my go down if damaged or marked in anyway.

From experience shop around other phone purchase companies or even sell it on 3rd party sites.

Make sure what you receive for your phone covers the settlement ammount due on account otherwise you would need to clear the differnce yourself.

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 153 of 1,685

Ajking77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Soon I hope. This surely can’t be difficult. Come on O2 sort it out.
Message 154 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would do that, but my current device plan is outstanding about 300£ where my iphone 6s plus 64gb with no scratches and in perfect condition is worth 202£ on the o2recycle, that's why I was told that no matter what quote I get the o2 itself will clear my current device plan left when I hand in my phone and I can sign different contract with a new phone. 
That's why I'm wondering why does it say on the website that I still have to pay whole device plan and then upgrade when the guru's said to me that all I have to do is hand in my device and pay any upfront cost for the new one.
My question is - is there someone that handles these types of things that I can talk to online and get everything sorted?

Message 155 of 1,685

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous For the yearly upgrade plan it has to be in store as they inspect the handset and then pay off the device plan even if device plan is higher than the value of the iphone to be recycled . 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 156 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully O2 will be reading this thread and take the Apple Watch 3 seriously. I have had an O2 contract for >15 years and have never considered switching until now. Don't forget, O2, that the customers of the Apple Watch 3 are likly to be of 'high value'. Haemorrhaging a high percentage of them to EE will affect the current and long term bottom line. I just want to know some more details, as to whether it is possble without a serious network upgrade (which won't happen any time soon), and if not when will the work to support it be done (if ever)

Message 157 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just bought an APPLE WATCH SERIES 3 with cellular data...
Anyone know when we are able to use this device on an O2 network?
I rang the O2 Sales & Customer Service teams and they were unable to give me an answer to this question.
Message 158 of 1,685

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

answered many times in this thread o2 have no plans at present to support it !

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 159 of 1,685

Leebroath
  • 81 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good lot of years with O2, looks like it’s time to jump ship!

Love my series 3, but I would have gave O2 time to update their hardware if they said in 6 months but to wait a year! Why stay with O2 when another provider can give you what you want now 

sorry but looks like the end of the line 

I’m pretty positive that O2 knew this was hapening age ago as Apple would have had to ask all the carriers if they could suppprt, even before EE started getting all chummy!

Message 160 of 1,685