Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 12 Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We're pleased to confirm Apple’s latest products - iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro - have launched on O2, and iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 mini go on pre-order from Friday 6 November. Further details including pricing, availability and pre-order info will be made available here on the O2 Community, on the O2 website, and on our Social Media feeds in the coming days.

SideButton_Existing.png

Message us on Facebook Messenger Message us on Twitter

Links for Pay Monthly customers
iPhone 12 5G
iPhone 12 mini 5G
iPhone 12 Pro 5G
iPhone 12 Pro Max 5G
blue-iphone-12-sku-header-131020.png red-iphone-12-mini-sku-header-131020.png blue-iphone-12-pro-sku-header-131020.png gold-iphone-12-pro-max-sku-header-131020.png
Links for Business customers
iPhone 12 5G
iPhone 12 mini 5G
iPhone 12 Pro 5G
iPhone 12 Pro Max 5G

Questions?
As the UK's No. 1 network, we're here for you whenever you need us. We know how exciting new iPhone launches can be and we know you may have a load of questions, so before you call, tweet or facebook us, please check our extensive Q&A section below in case your question already has an answer.

We will add more Q&A's over time but if you've got a question not listed, please feel free to reply to this thread and let us know.

Related discussions on the O2 Community

• Need a USB-C wall charger, new MagSafe case or other accessory? Check out our top picks
  • Want to get an iPhone 12 or 12 Pro for less? Recycle your old device and get cash for your old tech. Check out how

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

jonnymk
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 39 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Got my iPhone 12 today (sim free). Currently in o2 PAYG and now that 5G is in Milton Keynes I want to give it a spin later. I found a good contract deal on o2 direct but I don’t get the option to order eSIM it’s just going send an actual SIM in the post. If I go to a store will they be able to issue an eSIM there and then ? Also can they use £10 PAYG credit against first month of a contract?
Message 31 of 59

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@jonnymk 

You can't use an esim on PAYG. However if you  are taking out an O2 contract with a third party, you need to contact O2 for the esim or pop instore to pick one up.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/esim 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 59

jonnymk
  • 39 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff thanks, yes it's via a referral link but processed via the o2 website, sounds like i'll have to change it over to an eSIM at a store after the physical SIM arrives first. Seems like a waste of paper and postperson time! rofl

I do think o2 really need to look at improving the eSIM setup in future to take full advantage of it - it would be nice to order the SIM like this in the first place, and even better the option to just get the QR code directly on the MyO2 account section.

For anyone else who was wondering, looks like you can move PAYG credit to a pay monthly account- since found this burried somewhere on the o2 website under "move to pay monthly" along with a corresponding form to fill out.

Message 33 of 59

MI5
  • 144360 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@jonnymk wrote:

For anyone else who was wondering, looks like you can move PAYG credit to a pay monthly account- since found this burried somewhere on the o2 website under "move to pay monthly" along with a corresponding form to fill out.

As long as you retain the same mobile number.

If you take a new number, you can't....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 59

jonnymk
  • 39 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
correct
Message 35 of 59

MI5
  • 144360 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 59

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Morning everybody. Guess what? It's Friday! So that's great news for everyone. Even better news if you've been holding out for the iPhone 12 Pro Max or iPhone 12 mini, because today is pre-order day!

Make sure you're ready from 1pm as that's when pre-orders open, and you can find links to our website or to buy the device via our Social Sales team on my original post.

Message 37 of 59

SaintRC
  • 37 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Preordered my iPhone 12 Pro Max smiley 

Message 38 of 59

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi all,

I've just updated the Q&A around O2 Open discounts, and it's mostly good news.

Q. When will I be able to use my O2 Open or student discount on the new iPhones?
A.  This varies across the range:

• iPhone 12: Eligible for all discounts, including O2 Open, Student, family plan, Friends & Family
  • iPhone 12 Pro: Not currently eligible for O2 Open or Student discounts
  • iPhone 12 miniEligible for all discounts, including O2 Open, Student, family plan, Friends & Family
  • iPhone 12 Pro MaxEligible for all discounts, including O2 Open, Student, family plan, Friends & Family

PLEASE NOTE: To be eligible for O2 Open, you’ll need to request it within 28 days of the start of your O2 Refresh contract. More details on the website.

Message 39 of 59

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Excellent news @Chris_K  thumbsup

Will the iPhone 12 Pro be eligible before the 28 days run out?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 59