cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 Days of Christmas: The most meaningful Christmas gift you've ever received?

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

12DAYSOFCHRISTMAS_DRAFT2C.png

Hi everyone! 

Welcome to day 4 of our 12 days of Christmas celebration!  santa santa santa santa 

Santa has kindly gifted us with some £15 Amazon vouchers which we'll be giving out to one random participant from each of the 12 Christmas topics!! We'll announce the winners in the Christmas Day topic so you have lots of time to take part in each of the topics until then. wink

Today's topic of discussion is below. You can find yesterdays topic here if you still want to take part in that discussion. 

------santa------

What's the most meaningful Christmas gift you've ever received?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Mine is a story a bit like @MI5's. Parents buying me  present(s) they could ill afford. I know that particular year I wanted a record player or a bike. Dad had been off work for a couple of months so I thought my chances were nil. Chistmas morning I got up to find a Dansette record player and two records...I was over the moon and so delighted. Then they said, 'oh by the way someone left something for you in the back yard'. Opened the door and it was the bike I had always wanted. They must have scrimped and saved for months. I remember that being 'my best Christmas ever' Bless them both heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 15

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Mine will probably be this year. My family have had a horrible year with a sudden death in the family and being all together as a family this Christmas, something our dearly departed loved more than anything, will be the most meaningful for all of us I think.

Thanks

Steve
Message 12 of 15

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Some really lovely responses here guys! Makes me smile to read them. smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 15

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Yes made my day catching up with all the responses in these Christmas topics! slight_smile

@Cleoriff you reminded me of when I got my first bike as a kid. Learned to cycle without the auxiliary wheels that evening in our living room. tongue

Sorry to hear about  your loss @welshsteve76. 😞 Good to hear your family will be together for Christmas. heart

Message 14 of 15

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

After being envious of my friends and their UK101 or, later, the ZX81, Spectrum or Commodore ViC20, when I got my first computer from Boots one Christmas, an Amstrad CPC464, I was overjoyed. It wasn't cheap, and it replaced the old and much abused Atari 2600 console that we'd had for a few years from a previous Christmas...

And how, I hear you think, is that meaningful?  It meant everything to me, as I'd been discovering computers at college and was hooked!

290px-Amstrad_CPC464.jpgAtari2600.jpg

I used to spend hours and hours playing the Atari when I was younger.  Pacman, Space Invaders, Phoenix and Combat were great.

@Marjo wrote:

Sorry to hear about  your loss @welshsteve76. 😞 Good to hear your family will be together for Christmas. heart

Thanks Marjo

Thanks

Steve
Message 15 of 15