Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Topics: 693

Re: Days of Christmas: The most meaningful Christmas gift you've ever received?

Mine is a story a bit like @MI5's. Parents buying me  present(s) they could ill afford. I know that particular year I wanted a record player or a bike. Dad had been off work for a couple of months so I thought my chances were nil. Chistmas morning I got up to find a Dansette record player and two records...I was over the moon and so delighted. Then they said, 'oh by the way someone left something for you in the back yard'. Opened the door and it was the bike I had always wanted. They must have scrimped and saved for months. I remember that being 'my best Christmas ever' Bless them both heart

*The Game Is On*

Level 16: Talkative

[ Edited ]

Mine will probably be this year. My family have had a horrible year with a sudden death in the family and being all together as a family this Christmas, something our dearly departed loved more than anything, will be the most meaningful for all of us I think.

Thanks

Steve
Community Manager

Some really lovely responses here guys! Makes me smile to read them. smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Community Manager

Yes made my day catching up with all the responses in these Christmas topics! slight smile

@Cleoriff you reminded me of when I got my first bike as a kid. Learned to cycle without the auxiliary wheels that evening in our living room. Smiley Tongue

Sorry to hear about  your loss @welshsteve76. Smiley Sad Good to hear your family will be together for Christmas. heart

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted
Level 16: Talkative

[ Edited ]

@pgn wrote:

After being envious of my friends and their UK101 or, later, the ZX81, Spectrum or Commodore ViC20, when I got my first computer from Boots one Christmas, an Amstrad CPC464, I was overjoyed. It wasn't cheap, and it replaced the old and much abused Atari 2600 console that we'd had for a few years from a previous Christmas...

And how, I hear you think, is that meaningful?  It meant everything to me, as I'd been discovering computers at college and was hooked!

290px-Amstrad_CPC464.jpgAtari2600.jpg

I used to spend hours and hours playing the Atari when I was younger.  Pacman, Space Invaders, Phoenix and Combat were great.

@Marjo wrote:

Sorry to hear about  your loss @welshsteve76. Smiley Sad Good to hear your family will be together for Christmas. heart

Thanks Marjo

Thanks

Steve