Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

12DAYSOFCHRISTMAS_DRAFT2C.png

Hi everyone! How are you doing today?

Christmas is approaching fast! smiling

We'd love to see all the community members talking about lots of things related to this holiday period. We will be posting a discussion topic on this board every day from today onwards to celebrate 12 Days of Christmas.

Each topic will ask a question about your views/experiences related to this holiday. The last topic will be posted on Christmas Day, 25th of December.

Additionally... to get you into the Christmas spirit, we've decided to give one random lucky participant in each of our 12 Days of Christmas topics a little present from us: £15 Amazon voucher! smiling

We will announce the winners in the Christmas Day topic. If you win, you will also get a PM (private message here on the forum) from us with your gift voucher code.

Note that the competition is now closed, but feel free to still take part in the below discussions about the holiday period. slight_smile

------santa------

On to the first topic of discussion:

We'd love to see your ideas for Christmas decorations! Please comment below with how (and if) you're decorating your house/garden for Christmas. Share some photos too if you can!

--------------------- 

Check out also the following related topics so far:

Day 2: What's your ideal Christmas gift?

Day 3: Ideal gift for mum/dad/sister/partner?

Day 4: Most meaningful Christmas gift you've received?

Day 5: What's your favourite Christmas tradition?

Day 6: Non-traditional Christmas traditions or ideas?

Day 7: Celebrating the holidays with your pets

Day 8: Cooking tips and tricks!

Day 9: Your favourite and worst Christmas films to watch

Day 10: Your favourite and worst Christmas songs to listen?

Day 11: Which is better, giving or receiving gifts? Why?

Day 12: Merry Christmas everyone!

Looking forward to your replies!

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

Well, if it was up to me I'd hook up everything on an RGB controller and let rip with some seizure inducing colour changes. 

Something like this behind the tree.

https://youtu.be/oo7tctJds34

Unfortunately tho the missus don't let me near the lights or tree... Dunno why.

Message 2 of 76

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

My friends came to visit on Monday and they adorned my wheelchair with silver, red and gold tinsel with a single gold star on top of the IV holder rod. Very festive 🎅🎅🎅

Everyone is very impressed but it feels a little strange going to the cafe or shop with all of them staring. Some of the comments make me smile ☺ Someone even asked where my reindeer where as I was struggling up a ramp 🤣 

Message 3 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Rubbish picture but this was part of the decorations last year. As you can see I love lights. Had I taken more photos you would have seen even more lights! (in the porch, conservatory and garden)

This year as we will be out a lot, we haven't put up the tree. Still got lots of lights though...Hero

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 76

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
She ain't kidding either, it was like Santa's grotto.
Message 5 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

I should have let you have that picture @viridis. I'm sure you would have been able to 'tidy it up'...Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 76

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Rubbish picture but this was part of the decorations last year. As you can see I love lights. Had I taken more photos you would have seen even more lights! (in the porch, conservatory and garden)

This year as we will be out a lot, we haven't put up the tree. Still got lots of lights though...Hero

When you said you liked decorating your house for Christmas you weren't kidding were you? Mind you I quite like it......Happy Dance

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7 of 76

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

I believe airlines had to warn their pilots they weren't acting as landing strip lights..... 

Message 8 of 76

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I believe airlines had to warn their pilots they weren't acting as landing strip lights..... 

Love it

LOLLOLLOL

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

joy Well that made me laugh. Other half said he didn't want to see the electricity bill when it came. I replied he hadn't seen that bill for 40 years so nothing new there then 😛

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 76