cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched over to O2 from Virgin, who provides a new phone?

MattH1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My Virgin contract ended a few months ago and the convinced me to stay on their Volt package.  This included an O2 pay monthly contract to replace the Virgin Mobile one I had.  I now have an O2 sim in my old Virgin provided phone which is at the end of its lifespan.  Should O2 provide me with a new phone as part of the new contract?  I went into an O2 shop and they just tried to sell me a new, more expensive contract.  When I took the Volt package I assumed I would just pay one price for my whole package (Phone, TV Broadband), however I now pay O2 about £20 a month.   

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7145 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1590 Solutions

The O2 part is a SIM only contract and does not come with a phone. Usually O2 require 4 to 6 months on SIM only before you can apply for a Freestyle package that includes a phone.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7145 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1590 Solutions

The O2 part is a SIM only contract and does not come with a phone. Usually O2 require 4 to 6 months on SIM only before you can apply for a Freestyle package that includes a phone.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10683 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3104 Solutions

@MattH1 

You can try after 3months to get a Refresh package which includes a phone, but it is subject to credit and affordability checks, and you are not guaranteed to be allowed to upgrade.

In the mean time, you can always buy a new phone sim free, from the likes of Amazon or John Lewis, and some stores offer finance..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3