Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Volt package that was mis sold by Virgin Media

Mungo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A few weeks ago, I was called by Virgin Media offering me upgrades to my service. I verbally accepted a package (that included an O2 Volt account - even though I already have an O2 account - have done for many years!) Cut a long story short... the new VM contract came through, but was way more than their sales rep had quoted. I refused to be sold this, so cancelled the upgrade with VM - they assured me this was cancelled.

A few days ago, I started receiving emails from 'mycare' O2, saying my Volt account was now active (18 mth contract @£10 p/mth) which I believed had been cancelled and WHICH I NEVER WANTED! (An addition to my current O2 account? Why would I?)  Today, I received the new Volt SIM card - which I DON'T need or want!

I have spent HOURS trying to get through to O2 and VM about this. VM say I need to speak to O2 (despite it being their sales screw up!)  O2 just offer me 'virtual assistants' or put me on hold for OVER ONE HOUR and still don't pick up!  

So, currently I'm left with an active new Volt account/contract, which I never wanted and was told was cancelled. Can someone PLEASE help me?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93398 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6991 Solutions

I'll tag @O2Lisa to see if she can help you in the morning

Look for a private message on here sometime after 9am

Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10755 Posts
  • 58 Topics
  • 3110 Solutions

@Mungo 

If the package was sold by Virgin it is up to them to cancel the package in its entirety, it may be worth lodging a complaint with Virgin via either 0345 454 1111 or via https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints 

Unfortunately VM's outsourced call centre in Manila, is a useful as a chocolate fire guard and very imcompetent.

It might also be worth posting on the Virgin Community at https://community.virginmedia.com  and seeing if one of the VM Forum team can pick up as well. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 6

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @jonsie 

@Mungo I’ll message you privately and get this sorted for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7208 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

I'm on the Virgin Forum and I'm afraid this is not a one off.

By all means post there but I find the new batch of Fotum Advisors are quite ineffective.

Most likely bounce you back here.

You may have to use Resolver with them as I've never heard of anyone getting answers from their complaints procedures.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 6

GRIFF74
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Any chance you could help me about a closed 02 account -but still getting emails from mycare telling me I owe money 

Message 6 of 6