MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@Markmike59 

Yes you can.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@Markmike59 

Yes you can.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 124729 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7533 Solutions

Deleted

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37504 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

Hi @Markmike59 - just to be clear, there are two travel-related bolt-ons that help reduce cost while you are an O2 contract (PAYG get much less in the way of frills!) customer roaming in New Zealand:

pgn_0-1676817034414.png

Both will let you call back to the UK for "free", with the following caveats:

1. O2 Travel costs £6 per day to use, and lets you call back to the UK at zero additional cost after the first call or text or kb of data consumed or voicemail that day that triggers the £6.00 charge.

2. O2 Travel Inclusive comes with certain tariffs and appears as a bolt-on, which allows you to roam on New Zealand networks essentially free-of-charge (some limitations in the volume of data that you can use over a sustained period, but all truly free).

O2 Travel Inclusive comes included on certain 30+GB tariffs (not all, mind!), called "Plus Plans", and may be offered as a bolt-on on certain other Plus Plan tariffs. More at this page here.

O2 Travel Inclusive is also offered as a Volt benefit if you are both a Virgin Media (VM) and an O2 customer (Volt Megaguide).

So check your MyO2, see which, if any, bolt-on is active, and enjoy the time in New Zealand. As this is posted in the "Volt" section, I assume, wrongly or rightly, that you are looking for the Volt Benefit Travel Inclusive:

Screenshot_20221218-215710.png

Good luck, @Markmike59.

Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23672 Posts
  • 1041 Topics
  • 3752 Solutions

@Markmike59 If you download WhatsApp, using a WiFi connection you can call, text, or video call anyone in the UK, or anywhere else for that matter who also has the app, for free. When you install the app, look in your contacts to see who else has the WhatsApp icon next to their name. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5