Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor signal

Samantha777
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The last few months I have found I need to turn the internet off to speed up web browsing. Now at least half of the time both mine and my sons Apple mobiles will not connect to the home wifi. I am having to turn the wifi connection off most of the time to speed up web browsing which doesn't always help. At first I thought it was our wifi however as I type this message from the laptop using the wifi it confirms it is the mobile phones having the issues. Please can someone help? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@Samantha777 

This is not something that O2 can control.

You will need to look at why your wifi is dropping out.

As it is affecting both phones you may want to try forgetting the wifi connection on the phones, rebooting your router and then reconnect the phones.

After that, talk to your broadband provider for help, but it is known that Apple devices don't work well with wifi signal running on weak security, so you may need to change your router settings to improve the connection.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2