Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 not dealing with my fraud report

someonehere
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, my partner has been a victim of fraud last summer. The fraudster pretended to be from Carphone Warehouse and they opened 2 accounts in his name. We reported it immediately and were told a few days later the accounts were closed. Then we started to get letters from Lowel asking for the money we owe. We called o2 and they didn't want to talk to us unless we say a correct security word, which we have never set up. They said we need to go to the store with an ID and they will call the fraud line and confirm our identity. In the store, we were told the fraud phone line no longer exists and we need to contact via email. We wrote an email and still didn't get a response. How we can finally sort this out, please?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23080 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@someonehere Did you ever report this to the police? https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

someonehere
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I haven't, didn't realise this exists. But confused as to how is this related to o2 as I need o2 to cancel the account?

Message 3 of 10

Bambino
  • 23080 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@someonehere If a fraud was committed the police should be informed. Whether you need to cancel the account or not is immaterial to the crime. As this happened some time ago it's unlikely that anything can be done about it, but it should be reported nevertheless.

What address at O2 were you given to write an email to?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 10

someonehere
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. I was given o2fraud@o2.com

No reply

Message 5 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35946 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

Info on O2's own Help pages indicates this "Account Takeover" category of Fraud can be dealt with by calling O2 on 202 - and advises to report it to Action Fraud, @someonehere - and as @Bambino says, it should be reported to the Police as well.

Good luck!

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/fraud-advice

Screenshot_20220409-071030.png

Message 6 of 10

someonehere
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thanks for the reply. We've called the number and as I've said they won't talk to us unless we know the password. This is also a message thread I've had with o2, where they said the same thing again.

Screenshot 2022-04-09 at 16.07.42.png

Message 7 of 10

Bambino
  • 23080 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@someonehere That does sound pretty absurd. I will tag one of the O2 online account advisors. She's very capable, but won't be online until Monday morning. Hopefully she'll be able to help you.

@O2Lisa can you please assist?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 10

someonehere
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's so absurd... Thanks so much! Hopefully, it will finally get resolved, I'll be waiting to hear from Lisa. Thanks again slight_smile 

Message 9 of 10

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @Bambino.

@someonehere I'll message you privately and get this looked in to for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10