Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mms not supported by network

GAWAGirl
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi.  Have been advised via Facebook message to ask through this forum for help.  For the last few weeks I have been unable to send mms messages - getting error 'mms not supported by network'.  Have tried other online searches etc and tried manually adding mms settings but to no avail.  How can I fix this please?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

O2Sean
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Hi @GAWAGirl ,

A few questions. Are you on contract or Pay n Go? Have your recently changed your tariff? Do you currently have your mobile data(O2 Internet) switched on?

signature
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 3 of 8

GAWAGirl
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Pay monthly for years, no change of contract or phone.  Mobile data turned on.  It seemed to start around middle February.

Message 4 of 8

O2Sean
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Hi @GAWAGirl ,

Have you recently put a spend cap on your account as MMS are chargeable and not included in unlimited texts? What device do you have android(What Device) or iphone? May need to check settings

signature
Message 5 of 8

GAWAGirl
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No cap on my account.  Have a Samsung A5 (2017).  Settings already matched what was listed in tutorial for manual set up but I tried manually adding again.  The only thing that looks different under APN list is that the others have a radio button beside them that you can select but the mms one does not.

I have not changed anything re my account or phone for at least a year.

Its sounding like it might be an O2 issue but I cannot find anywhere where they confirm this.  Fair enough for a couple of days but not weeks.

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You can try speaking to someone

Everything is taking longer due to the lockdown. Call centres and social distancing means limited staff to handle all the queries. Patience needed I'm afraid.
Other numbers to try
0800 977 7337
0800 587 4005
0800 0901808
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

Message 7 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12090 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
Is there a reason why you need to send an MMS?
Might be easier/better/cheaper to send messages via WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 8