Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 13 unable to receive calls from landlines or texts from non iPhones

jonnymac57
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My iPhone 13 has suddenly stopped receiving calls this week from landlines or texts from non iPhone sources (e.g. automated account verification texts). I can call landlines fine, I can receive calls from iPhones, but if a caller tries to call my iPhone from a landline they get a dead line. I have checked my phone settings and they are fine. Apple say it’s a carrier issue. O2 store says it is a system issue. This is causing me real problems. Help! 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93928 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this
or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93928 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this
or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 5

jonnymac57
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks for your reply. I’ve been into an O2 store where they accessed my account and said everything is as it should be. Their conclusion was that it’s a system issue with the O2 network, nothing to do with my phone. Apparently follows some system work done earlier this week. Also apparently I’m not alone with this. 

Message 3 of 5

jonnymac57
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I finally spoke to an O2 advisor who said that she was “making some changes to my 4G & 5G bolt-ones” to address the problem and lo and behold it fixed it. When I asked her specifically what the changes were doing I was told it was a more advanced type of 4G/5G bolt-on, whatever that means. Either way it all works now. 

Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9114 Posts
  • 208 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@jonnymac57 

I am really pleased that your problem has been resolved ! 

Message 5 of 5