Did you mean: 

iPhone 13 Black Screened & Repair Update Provides No Tracking

RB7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

My iPhone 13 was constantly having hardware issues and o2 attempted to downplay these as a dodgy SIM card. The phone black-screened with 50% battery and would not come back on. I left it with o2 for warranty repair and I was told that I would get updates along the way, but it should take 4 working days to complete.

I am now on the 4th working day and the tracking code does not say if they have received the phone, let alone if they started working on it.

Does it normally take this long for repairs?

O2 has left me without a phone and refused to provide a loan device, although, expects me to continuously pay for a defective device.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

RB7
  • 17 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You have legal rights when the item purchased is not fit for its intended use and can be demonstrated, as is the case here slight_smile

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/somethings-gone-wrong-with-a-purchase/return-faulty-goods...

Message 11 of 18

RB7
  • 17 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

*UPDATE*

O2 has repaired the phone and marked it as ready to return, although, has not provided an inspection report or stated why it exceeded the four-day turnaround. I expect these concerns will be addressed once they respond to my complaint regarding the matter.

Regards

Message 12 of 18

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12575 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

@RB7 wrote:

*UPDATE*

O2 has repaired the phone and marked it as ready to return, although, has not provided an inspection report or stated why it exceeded the four-day turnaround. I expect these concerns will be addressed once they respond to my complaint regarding the matter.

Regards

Given your clearly excellent knowledge of all this, why post here in the first place @RB7 ?

You asked a question - does it normally take this long for repairs - which I answered.

At what point did I misinform someone?

Having read your link, at no point does it say that if something you have purchased on credit goes wrong or develops a fault are you entitled to not pay for it.

It does say the entity you made the purchase with has to attempt a repair - which, by the sound of it, o2 have done.

You did not mention this was for an on-going fault, or something you had been in contact with o2 about before - and if you had evidence there was a fault from day 1 why have you waited until it failed to get it resolved? Surely it would make sense to get it replaced before?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 18

RB7
  • 17 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Spouting nonsese about car finance for a start!

I work for a vehicle finance broker that is regulated by the FCA and if your financed vehicle breaks and the repair is covered by warranty, you are 100% entitled to a courtesy vehicle, whilst said vehicle is being replaced. As the product sold to you was not fit for intended use.

Also it's O2, the worst phone company going - that's possibly why?

They overbilled me last year and ignored 6 complaints. They did not respond even once!!

In the end, I had to open the matter with the communications ombudsman.

O2 then offered a resolution and had 28 days to implement this, although, failed to meet or even respond to its own deadline.

The ombudsman reopened the case and found in my favour.

So yea, O2 don't always respond to customers, when they fail to respond to their own regulators slight_smile

They will however have another ombudsman complaint on their hands for this matter. Unlike yourselves, i know my rights as a consumer and i don't attempt to misinform people slight_smile

Message 14 of 18

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11260 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@gmarkj 

Do not feed the troll....  think he maybe Skankhunt42 

madasaf1sh_0-1715796512489.gif

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 15 of 18

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8900 Posts
  • 200 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

Post flagged for abuse

I think the moderator must be on an extended tea-break @Enlli ! 🤣

Message 16 of 18

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11260 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

The posts in question have already been removed by the Mods @Oxonian  

@Dave-O2  is there anyway to lock this thread at all?? 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 17 of 18

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 792 Posts
  • 55 Topics